I think I just might have my wife convinced

Cruzincat

To get an RV in the next few years.

We are both in recovery mode from a 14 day cruise. She says she'll never go on another cruise!

The Cruise From Hell:

We flew to LA from Baltimore on Jan 1, and boarded the ship on Jan 2, for a 14 day cruise to and from Hawaii. Things were great until about the third day. That was when I felt a cold coming on. Someone sitting behind me(my wife tells me) was coughing all the way from DFW to LAX. Still two days out of Hawaii. The cold kept getting worse. Got to the Big Island first and we went on our excursion, which included a Helo ride over the volcano. It was nice but I was suffering the whole time. The next morning we were in Honolulu. Ate breakfast and went back to our cabin before heading out for our next excursion. Wife lost her breakfast. After a time I went into Oahu to a drug store and picked up a few things they didn't have on board that we are used to having when one has a cold. Later, we both went down to the ship's medical center. They tested me and found that I had H1N1 flu. The end result was that we had to be isolated in our cabin, until such time that our fever was gone.
Port 3 in HI was at Kauai. Totally missed that port. Could see some of it from our balcony. Someone from the ship was supposed to come up and check our temps that night, but never did. So, we had to wait until the next morning(Maui) to go down and get cleared so we could go ashore. All we were up to was a little more shopping(medical stuff and a few trinkets). Did get to try Hawiian shaved ice. That felt good on my throat. We were both miserable all the way home. I don't fault the cruiseline, although there were a few problems with our cabin that didn't help the situation. Poor AC. Even with fevers we never had to worry about getting chilled. On the way back we were in a head wind and the vibrations of the waves kept jarring open (slightly) the balcony door, such that the wind would start whistling through the crack. Not that we could sleep anyway, what with all the coughing.
I am still suffering with laryngitus and an ear infection today.

So, out of four days in HI we really only had one day that we did anything. Never got sea sick!

Anyway, things are looking up for me getting an RV! I don't even want to fly anywhere anymore!

DL Rupper

Too bad about the lousy cruise. Since our RV was our "on the road" home for 15 years we spent many miserable sick days in our RV, but you can get sick anywhere. We wouldn't trade the good or the bad RV experiences for anything. Great Adventure.

Sounds like you have got the biggest obstacle to RVing convinced it's the only way to go. As Roy would say "Happy trails to you".

H2H1

Hello DL, HOW U BEEN DOING, just to give u and update,,, you have been missed here on the forum with your wisdom, please come on back and offen

DL Rupper

Hey Guys, how about a Rogue instead of the Old Dodge Cummins. I've found out I have a couple of clogged pipes in the OLD chest and they can't put a stent in so I guess its good I slowed down a little bit with the constant prowling around the country in the RV. I'm still vertical and I get to walk a lot and take pills so can't complain. I'm really glad I got to hit the road for 15 years full-timing. Wouldn't trade the experience for anything. For excitement now I TWITTER Conservative Politics.

Stay on the RV road as long as you can.

H2H1

DL I had a stent put in last Sept. and doing OK. We are still going as lone as we can. So good that you are OK and doing well

C Nash

Sorry to hear about the clogged pipes DL. Guess you smelled to much diesel smoke. Hang in there and take the meds and hang around here. Still need all your advice. We are on the road but gas prices keep us pretty close.

Cruzincat

Talking with the wife tonight and it seems she is more interested in getting smaller Class A, rather than go with something we might tow. She wants to have the comfort while driving(me driving , of course!). Are there some good models that are short that I can pick up used or new, preferably used. Why pay for the initial depreciation? Just a pointer to where a good place to look would be enough for now. If the price is right I guess it doesn't really have to be small. Not worried that much about the fuel costs, just the purchase price. We should have enough income to handle the fuel.

brand55

Hey Guys, how about a Rogue instead of the Old Dodge Cummins. I've found out I have a couple of clogged pipes in the OLD chest and they can't put a stent in so I guess its good I slowed down a little bit with the constant prowling around the country in the RV. I'm still vertical and I get to walk a lot and take pills so can't complain.

H2H1

brand 55 you are full of crap, that is the same type as DL type,,, you got to be a spammer. I will report it to the moderator