information on 5th wheel 36ft. carri-lite 1996

camden2crockett

I'm new to rving chance to purchase 1996 carri-lite from couple that used it to live in. didn't travel much anymore . very clean unit. will pull with 1997 ford f-250 460 engine.I'm open to any suggestions and advice you can give me. Thanks.

TexasClodhopper

Re: information on 5th wheel 36ft. carri-lite 1996

Try it before you buy it! Especially since it sounds like it hasn't moved in a while.

Welcome to the forum!

DL Rupper

RE: information on 5th wheel 36ft. carri-lite 1996

The 36' Carri-lite sounds a little heavy for a 1997 Ford 460 V8. If you don't plan on towing in the mountains you may get by. You need to find out what the towing capacity was rated for the "97" Ford 3/4 ton and take the Carri-lite somewhere you can weigh it. If you buy it, before you travel very far with it you will need new tires because the tires on it have probably been sitting there for 10 years and may look ok, but are dry rotted. Take care. :)

camden2crockett

Re: information on 5th wheel 36ft. carri-lite 1996

TXClodhopper@DL Rupper .Thanks for the advice. Tried the unit out F-250 pulled great. Rupper I did have a blowout within the city limits of Houston. I remember telling my wife I was going to buy this unit if it turned out to be a good deal, but maybe she didn't hear me. I still need any suggestions. Thanks again.