insurance

bookseller

We will be buying a 5th wheel to park and live in. No traveling. I am having a hard time convincing myself that I need any type of insurance. If a tree falls on the RV I am prepared to pay to get it fixed. We will be living in Florida and have already gone through Hurricane Ivan in our home. Not a nice experience but we didn't catch too much damage. The RV will not be involved in financing to any extent so I don't have to worry about a bank requiring insurance. We lived on a sailboat for 10 years and never had it insured. Is there anything I'm missing?

LEN

Re: insurance

Liability might be one. Other than that if you can take the hit on a total loose OK.

LEN

akjimny

I agree with Len. I'd get a homeowner's policy just in case someone fell off the front steps and broke a hip. Plus if someone broke in and stole something of value. JMO :) :)

H2H1

I would not own anything that I could not get insurance on. I know you said you could afford to pay for repairs if any was done, but if someone falls and get hurt real bad, just how for can you pay. Be safe not sorry and get some insurance.

Triple E

I think I am paying around $300.00 a year. Compared to a rebuild, 300 will buy allot of years of no worries. ;)

H2H1

Steve I really don't know what my Home owner ins. is, but for 03 MH, 06 Toyota, and 98 Saturn all fully cover and it is less than 400 every 6 months, I know this is cheaper than what I was paying, and it may be more than others are paying, no claims of any type. :laugh: :( :approve: I should also add all of my toys are paid for

bookseller

Thank you all for your responses. Where is anyone getting insurance for $300 a year? I agree, that would certainly be worth it and we will probably carry some liability since there were some good points made.