Discussion in 'General RVing' started by Vancouver, Jul 8, 2008.

  1. Vancouver

    Vancouver New Member

    I am coming over from England to the USA to tour for about 2 / 3 years, and I am going to purchase a 5th wheel and Chevrolet truck and would very appreciate any advice on which company to contact regarding insurance for these units. Also is their any problem with me crossing in and out of the boarder with Canada after my 1 years visa runs out.

    Thanks for any help you can give me, I just want to get going real soon !!

    Have a great Day.
  2. Kirk

    Kirk Senior Member

    Re: Insurance

    There are virtually thousands of dealers over here that sell Chevrolet trucks and thousands more who sell RVs. Very few if any sell both. Also, the regulations and taxes here vary by state so realize that the state chosen in which to register and insure the vehicles can be very important. In order to do those things you will first need to have an address in the USA. I suggest that you consider joining the Escapee's RV Club to provide that address as they do this from many UK citizens. You can find the Escapees at

    I also think that you would be very wise to visit and read the words of another UK citizen who has been doing what you wish to do for the past almost five years. Keith is very knowledgeable on the subject and he will answer emails if you wish to contact him. Keith is at present at his home in UK and preparing for another trip around the USA upon his return.
  3. Vancouver

    Vancouver New Member

    RE: Insurance

    Dear Kirk.
    Just a big thank you for your reply to my questions regarding insurance etc. I have now looked at your suggested sites and very helpful they are.

    Thanks once again Kirk.

    Kind regards

    Clive and Pam.
  4. Kirk

    Kirk Senior Member

    Re: Insurance

    Glad that is was helpful. Did you contact Keith? If not, feel free to do so as he does respond with help as much as he can.

Share This Page