Interagency Annual Pass

Wolfpack Fan

I'm sure there are many that have heard of this. Maybe some have not.

It's called a Interagency Annual Pass issued by USDA Forest Service. It's $80 for a year and gives some nice discounts at a lot of places to camp. If any of your camping is at National Forest, National Park, BLM, Bureau of Reclamation or US Fish & Wildlife camping area's this is worth looking into.

I'm not trying to sell anyone on this, just sharing something I thought might help someone out.

We camp mostly in the Plumas National Forest at any of 5 different campgrounds around Frenchmans Lake in Chilcoot, Ca. They're run by the National Forest Service, managed by 1000 Trails. Our usual 1 night fee is $21. With with the annual pass I get a site for $10.50 a night. If I use it 8 times over the year, it'll pay for itself in savings. Use it more and it's just that much more savings.

For those that might want to check it out more here's a link to the site with more information.

http://www.fs.fed.us/passespermits/access.shtml

akjimny

Thanks for the info. Now that Boss Lady and I are permanent Alaska residents, this will be worth looking into. Anything that saves money so I can go fishing more is worth it.:):)

krsmitty

akjimny;78169 said:
Thanks for the info. Now that Boss Lady and I are permanent Alaska residents, this will be worth looking into. Anything that saves money so I can go fishing more is worth it.:):)

Jim...weren't you in the Sebring, FL area?

akjimny

Ken - We sold the sticks-and-bricks in Sebring and moved back to Alaska full time. Boss Lady and I were the only two family members stuck down in the heat and humidity and I couldn't convince any of them to move down - so we moved back to where the rest of the family is. I have to admit - I am enjoying the 60-70 degree temps a lot more than the 90's in Florida. I'll get back to you on how much I'm enjoying it when winter gets here.:):)

JamesTheMan

Wolfpack Fan;78166 said:
I'm sure there are many that have heard of this. Maybe some have not.

It's called a Interagency Annual Pass issued by USDA Forest Service. It's $80 for a year and gives some nice discounts at a lot of places to camp. If any of your camping is at National Forest, National Park, BLM, Bureau of Reclamation or US Fish & Wildlife camping area's this is worth looking into.

I'm not trying to sell anyone on this, just sharing something I thought might outboard boats help someone out.

We camp mostly in the Plumas National Forest at any of 5 different campgrounds around Frenchmans Lake in Chilcoot, Ca. They're run by the National Forest Service, managed by 1000 Trails. Our usual 1 night fee is $21. With with the annual pass I get a site for $10.50 a night. If I use it 8 times over the year, it'll pay for itself in savings. Use it more and it's just that much more savings.

For those that might want to check it out more here's a link to the site with more information.

http://www.fs.fed.us/passespermits/access.shtml

That seems like a really nice deal. Like a AAA package just for camping. Thanks for the share bud.