interior electrical

avlight

I have a 1997 Georgie Boy Pursuit Class A motorhome that I bought used in December from an individual. I've lost his contact info, so I'm struggling with a question.

None of the interior lights, water pump, etc. will work unless I'm plugged-in to electrical power, or have the generator running.

I have 2 batteries, so I assume there is some way to switch to battery power, but I can't figure out how. I don't want to have to fire up the generator just to flush the toilet :)

Any thoughts?

LEN

Re: interior electrical

Only two ways I know. 1. There is a disconnect switch(manual) most of the time very near the battries, most of the time red in color and round. 2. A rocker switch at the entry stair or near the power control center that activates a solenoid.

LEN

JimE

RE: interior electrical

I have a 2005 model and the switch is a red rocker switch by the first step on the left. You might hav e to let it charge after turning it on if its been in storage mode for any length of time.

TexasClodhopper

I'd be pretty sure in saying that those batteries are deader than a doorknob unless you've recently replaced them.

Start by measuring the voltage on the batteries without any power hooked up to your RV.

H2H1

get u a volt meter and check the voltage on each battery, but as Tex has said bet they are dead. :laugh: :laugh: