internet banking

Discussion in 'Old RVUSA Forum' started by Old Forum Post, Feb 22, 2001.

1. Old Forum Post

Old Forum Post Senior Member

[grace] Would like to know if anyone has any experience with Internet banks? I know I can do my banking over the internet with my bank that has an actual physical building. Although the Internet banks offer higher yields, I&#039m nervous about using banks that are in cyberspace.

2. Old Forum Post

internet banking

[Vern M.] You say; "I&#039m nervous about using banks that are in cyberspace."

That about sums it up, doesn&#039t it? Would you rather give your money to a stranger to hold or someone whose face you can get into if something goes wrong?

Vern M.
    The Little House on the Highway (tm)
    www.runningriver.com/modeland/littlehouse.htm

3. Old Forum Post

internet banking

[GARY G.] THE COVERED WAGONS DIDN&#039T KNOW WHAT THEY WERE FACING WHEN THEY CROSSED THE WEST EITHER BUT WERE WOULD WE BE NOW WITHOUT THERE COURAGE!

4. Old Forum Post

internet banking

[Ava] I feel the same way. Anyone can put anything on the internet. I purchase higher yield CDs on the internet, but I only choose companies that have an FDIC # (800-934-3342) that I can call and check out. I also only deal with companies that actually have a physical bank somewhere. I call the chamber of commerce in the town given in the address to verify the bank&#039s actual existence at that address. So far, I&#039ve dealt with banks from Maine to California and never had a complaint. You might go to www.bankrate.com. Good luck.