Inverter compatability

TSkinner62

Hi folks, I am a relatively new RVer and our new RV has a Generac 65K gas genset and 50amp shore power capability. It has the auto switch to select between the two. I also have the 50 amp energy management system on-board. I would like to install a inverter (to connect to my existing 2 coach batteries). My question is what type of inverter is compatable? I would like to install a Xantrex/Statpower Prosine 2.0kW 12 Volt Pure Sine Wave inverter/Charger but have read the manual and am unsure it is compatable and if so does it just connect to one leg of the power line coming from the auto switch? Any help would be appriciated. Thx

Grandview Trailer Sa

Inverter compatability

I am unsure about how to hook that up, but I do have a question. Why do you need an inverter? You have a larger than nessessary generator (I guess you mean 6,500k)and your coach has a charger for the batteries. We sell Generac and a 5,000k generator carries 48.6 amps. continuous. You have about 1,500 watts extra. Just courious what you are going to use the inverter for.

odonnks

Inverter compatability

Some of the nicest places I've stayed don't have electricity and do not allow the use of generators after 8 PM. I prefer that myself. Nice and quiet while out by the fire. Nothing worse than listenng to you neighbors generator while trying to relax. My guess is that TSkinner6 would like to watch TV or run another AC appliance while not running his generator. I do the same after dark where there is no elec hook-up.

Pretty much any invertor would be compatable.
I'd want a remote switch (on or near your power panel) to switch the inverotr on. Other wise it'll always be running.
You also want it insure that when on it does not feed into other already live circuits.
Most newer MH's with factory installed inverotrs have only a few outlets wired via relay to the invertor. The relay switches the outlet from one source to another.

A 2KW invertor will be good for around 18-20 amps so you won't want to try to run too much.

Johnny-O

Inverter compatability

TSKINNER62,
NOT KNOWING YOUR INTENTIONS, IT'S HARD TO ADVISE YOU. BUT TO WIRE IN AN INVERTER/CHARGER CORRECTLY, IS NO SIMPLE JOB. YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER A SIMPLE INVERTER PLACED BETWEEN THE WALL PLUG AND THE APPLIANCE YOU WISH TO RUN. THE INTERTAINMENT CENTER IS THE MOST COMMON. THEN ALL YOU INSTALL IS THE 12V WIRING. BUT ONE THING IS CERTAIN, YOU'LL WANT MORE THAN 2 BATTERIES!!!
JUST ONE MORE IDEA TO CONSIDER. THE BOZ