Inverter

connectswires

I have an inverter mounted under my sink cabinet that is seperate from my breakers. The lights fliker alot. When I unplug the inverter from the 110 outlet and run on battery the fliker goes away. I am thinking bad inverter. Any ideas.
Thanks

TexasClodhopper

Re: Inverter

You don't have an "inverter". You have a "converter". It converts 120 vac to 12 vdc.

While your method of troubleshooting is not really technical in finding the source of your flickering lights, it is highly effective! :clown:

By jove, I think you've found it! :clown:

LEN

Well engineer here also and in this case Tex is correct.
Converter makes 12 volt DC out of 110-120 AC.
Inverter makes 110-120 AC out of 12 volt DC.

But I agree with all, with the possibility of a ground just might cause this, that the converter is bad or going bad.

LEN

Triple E

Ok, I am going to ASSuME the lights are 12 volts DC. Being when Connectswires states "when I unplug the inverter from the 110 outlet and run on battery the fliker goes away". So I ASSuME the light are being powered form the 12 volt DC batteries.

So at this point I have to agree, again, with Nash. Tex is right. CONVERTER not INVERTER. ;)

Please note my Electrical Engineer friend, the key words here are "unplug the inverter from the 110 OUTLET". :eek:

:8ball:

C Nash

Hey triple E it was Len that said Tex was right :laugh: but I also agree with Tex :eek:

buddhacnote

Duh, my mistake...I read the question wrong. yes an inverter is a device that changes DC power into AC power, not AC into DC.

Sorry,
Buddha