is it just me

G

well i and a few others have noticed ,, that the traffic on here is getting smaller all the time ,,, is it the economy??? i know all of us think about it ,,, or is it just that no one is on the road yet ???? I myself have seen a down side in the rv repair side of it ,, but it has picked up the last few weeks ,, in fact booking ,, a week in advance ,,, but i was just wondering ,, cause not to many problems as of yet on here ,, oh there area few ,, but not like it used to be ,,,
it may just be me ,,, but i hope all of u have not turned u'r backs on the rv life style ,,, we are the ones that survive in tight times ,, always do and will ,, ok just a thought ,, what do u all think :question: :question: :approve: :approve:

Steve H

RE: is it just me

Hello!

I have noticed traffic at all the forums I frequent is slower than usual. Not sure why. Here in the 4th Corner of Washington we have had unusually cold weather since the first part of December. Not extreme by many other areas but cold enough people are staying indoors and not doing much of anything.

For us, it is taxtime not only for my job but also for my wifes business. That took the sting out of buying any new toys for the next few months!

The end of March we will dewinterize and hopefully start a great spring and summer season of outings. I visit the forum daily but just haven't had any questions or not smart enough to answer those that do!

Best wishes! (Only about 20 days until Spring!)

Kirk

Re: is it just me

Like Steve, I have seen traffic drop on all of the RV forums. I suspect that it is partly the fact that it is winter and partly the economy as well. Hope it picks up this spring.

rjf7g

I am doing my best to contribute content to my favorite forums, but I have seen a drop in posts. I suspect people are trying to wrap up on their winter projects before spring gets here!

Domingo

I was one of those guys who droped off a while since I would spend most of my time fixing things in my Rv, cars, and my home. I hardly had time to surf the net. But as I get ready to start planning camping trips. I have been more active in the forums. let's hope it is the same for most people. The economy has put a damper on most of my family and friends. It has hit hard on a lot of people. My brother was laid off from TI. Two other brothers had their work week shortened to almost tweny hours a week. same went for my brother in-law. I have been receiving calls from old frinds inquiring about work. It is scary times. :(

G

I agree domingo ,, i too took a part time job ,, but it was to try and build up what i have lost ,, i kept my one person help on ,,, and told him u charge what u want ,,, and take all the money ,,, it was better IMO than letting him go ,,, but now ,, it has ,, i hope broken loose ,, i have benn covered up the last week and have plenty for the next 3 weeks ,,, but how long it wil last :question: :question: don't really know ,, but it has to start sometime ,, and i hope not all are throwing in the towel on rving ,,, all of us can still camp close ,, and a weekend is better than none :approve: :approve: :) :)

Triple E

RE: is it just me

I am new to this site. I had a question about my Allison and google sent me here. Cannot believe what I have learned in just the last couple of days. Not only educational but enjoyment also. Will continue to read up on the happening's in the world of RV'ing.

Ps. Thanks to dbarton I got my question answered.

WildWillyToo

With show season going on here in the northeast, we are starting to see an increase in traffic also.
I think as the weather warms, and people start thinking spring, we will see more activity here.

utmtman

Well I have not been on a lot the past two weeks or more. The site we were at had the post go dead and they could not figure out why. Probably under ground wiring. Anyway had to move and when I did the site I am on now does not have a clear sky view for my satellite dish so I am using the wifi and not on a lot since we can only put one pc on it unless we want to pay month for the other pc and figured no way. Any way we are pulling out saturday and I will be back on home site sunday so will be back on regular than.

rjf7g

Rod-
It looks like things are starting to pick up again. What do you think?

G

Agreed ,, Becky ,, i know i have been busy ,, alot of dewinterizing stuff ,,, and pre trip ck's ,, but i wish i was going also ,, i am getting the fever BAD :approve: :approve: :angry: :laugh:
Oh yea and on the forum also :cool:

DEWar Dave

Spring Break next week here for us.... We will be heading to Ink's Lake for 5 days. Can't wait... took a little weekend trip to Stephen F Austin a few weeks ago.

The Englishman

I guess it may be smuggery at the guys without debts and negative equity and who have the view constantly changing.
Hey! I agree I would feel smug too when I am warm comfortable and better off than most I will sit back and after a bottle of Pinor Noir clatter away on my forums

Its slowed cos its Spring and people are moving round ... Well its 'nearly' Spring in Iowa - Snow still here but its closeish
:)