Issues with KOA

jubilo

My wife and I have been out of RVing about four years. This summer we decided to go again for five or so weeks in our travel trailer. Since the nearest KOA is 200 miles away I decided to order their directory via the Internet. We had always planned our trips using their directory and making reservations with a KOA. I ordered the directory 5/19 and paid $6. On 6/15 I still had not received it and finally found a fax number for KOA'a corporate office. I sent a fax on 6/15 asking about the directory as we would be leaving an a few weeks and needed the directory to plan the trip. Several hours later I received a phone call from a lady who obviously was not happy with me. She informed me the directory was mailed 5/26 and would take 4-6 WEEKS to reach me. Now I don't know what mail service they use but it is obvious KOA has a lot to learn about customer service. It's almost as if they don't care if you use their campground or not. We leave next week and we will NOT be staying at KOA during the 38 days we plan to be on the road. Nothing you folks can do. I'm just disgusted with KOA and had to get this off my chest. Thanks for (listening).

H2H1

Re: Issues with KOA

HI EDWIN AND WELCOME TO THE FORUM. Sorry to hear about your problem with KOA, I got my new directory with a week after I order it. I did and have had a problem with some of their camp ground, the last one was Dead Wood S.D. KOA . We made reservation 6 months before we was to arrive, our thinking was, if we make it this for in advance we should get a good site, WRONG, we got the worst site they had. Our view was looking into the cottages and tent sites. WE are now thinking of using KOA as the last resort. The wife has file a complaint to the corporate office to voice our concerns. I hope they get the point that people are getting fed up with their attitude and crank down on the owns of the KOA. Good camping and good luck in the future

C Nash

Edwin,it's ok to come on here and vent. kOA used to be a leader when it came to campground but it has changed IMO lately. Overpriced and not the best for cleaness at some. There are some out there that or still run right so I guess the owner or manager has a lot to do with it. Welcome to the forum. Hang around and join in.

JimE

RE: Issues with KOA

I recently stayed at the KOA in Sugarloaf Key about 20 miles from Key West and it was one of the cleanest and best run camps I have ever been in. I highly recommend it.

LEN

My experience with KOA has been mixed a couple were good and too many $$$$ and a few were very poor and still the same $$$$$$$$. The best planing I have found so far has been Woodall's and it still has the KOA's and everyone else. At times they are a bit behind but close and the directions so far to the CG's has been very good.
And then this one:

http://www.rvparkreviews.com./

LEN

jubilo

To Len

Appreciate the link to rvparkreviews. That is exactly what I need. We are heading to the Yellowstone area in two weeks then to the Grand canyon area in September. Checking campgrounds in Kansas and Colorado have identified where we need to stay. Thanks a load for the link. :>)

C Nash

Edwin, the reviews by fellow rvers are the best IMO but, I have visted some that a camper had really bashed and found the campground to be great. Guess what I'm trying to say is just kind of read between the lines and if a rver gives a cg bad reviews look at some of his other reviews. Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon are great ENJOY

SnowbirdInFlight

The only bad KOA we've stayed at was just south of Chattanooga, TN. The campground itself was alright, just the people running it weren't. But, when looking for diamonds every now and then you're just going to find a lump of coal. :eek: