jayco closing starcraft plant

Discussion in 'Towables' started by campers4u, Nov 18, 2008.

1. campers4u

campers4u New Member

they will both be built in middleburry plant now

2. DL Rupper

DL Rupper Senior Member

Re: jayco closing starcraft plant

Well at least they are not closing permanently. As far as I can keep track, ALFA, TETON HOMES, ALPENLITE, & TRAVEL SUPREME have closed for good. It seems like there is another big manufacturer of 5th Wheel/Trailers that has recently closed, but I can't remember which one. :eek:

3. Grandview Trailer Sa

Grandview Trailer Sa Senior Member

Not to spread rumors but, I have been told that Fleetwood, Coachman, Numar and a couple others are in trouble.

4. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

Sad but afraid we are going to see a lot of this. :( Worst thing about it is folks will be out of jobs.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

NASH ,, even nascar is feeling the pinch ,, 8 teams will be no more ,, and alot are merging ,, with other teams ,, sad ,, sad :disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove:

6. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

Rod with Chevy, Dodge and Ford in money trouble it probably will bleed over into NASCAR. Guess we'll just have to watch all Toyotas run :(

7. DL Rupper

DL Rupper Senior Member

For now I can still go to Cummins for engine repair if Dodge quits producing. But then the Cummins is similar to the Energiser Bunny. It keeps on running. At least I hope it does. :bleh:

8. rjf7g

rjf7g Senior Member

See http://www.rvtradedigest.com/web/online/Industry-Business-News/Jayco-to-close-its-subsidiary-Starcraft-RV/1$4342 for the details...

9. campers4u

campers4u New Member

I also was reading about Nu-Wa ,,,,, along with mfg's ,I also know some bigger dealers are fealing the pinch, 2 have closed there doors in my area,,,, but i think being a smaller dealer and not having to floorplan inventory ( lean and mean) is the way to go for the next few years,,,,,,