just a thought

G

I have beeen thinking about installing a 10 to 15 gal fuel tank just for the genset ,, that way i don't burn the fuel in the main tank ,, they use it on refer trailers ,, so why not in a MH ,, i have already set up my genset with it's own battery ,, that is charged off the converter and alternator ,, that way if for some reason house and engine battery go dead ,, i will still be able to start the genset ,, i have seen this done on a few Diesel MH's ,, they will use a tank for gas ,, instead of diesel ,, and i know a few that run off LP ,, 2 that i have worked on had a seperate lp tank just for the set ,, it is not the cost of fuel that i am worried about ,, it is the thought of ,, "what if" ,, say i don't fill the main tank ,, and we lose park power for say afew days due to a storm or such ,, and the main fuel tank shuts the set down ,, i know , i will still have to have fuel in the aux tank ,, it was just a thought i was plundering around ,, heck i might even put in a valve to switch from the main tank to the aux ,, if i might have to do so for some reason ,, i know i could have used that kinda setup 4 yrs ago in MB when tropical storm Barry hit ,, we ran the genset for 4 days ,, and about the early part of that 4th day ,, guess what ,, genset shut down ,, i didn't top the main fuel tank off ,, i thought about it ,, but din't do it :eek: :disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove: :blush: :blush: :blush:

LEN

Re: just a thought

Think it would be more pain than its worth. The need to burn it out for fresh gas once in a while. But if you put a switch or valve and made it and xtra tank for the main motor too then it would give two functions dedicated gen fuel and an xtra 15 gallons or about 100 mile range for the MH to burn on the way home, then fresh fuel. Then again they make the 12=15 gallon plastic tanks with a pump on it that would be xtra fuel for gen toad or MH.

LEN

akjimny

Sounds do-able if you have the room for the extra tank. I wouldn't switch over to propane, tho. You don't get as much run time or as much power from propane. Like Len says, you'd just have to make sure you use the gas in the gen set tank so it doesn't go stale and gum things up. Good luck. :) :)

G

well that was kinda my thought also ,, and that was it could be used for an extra few gallons for the MH engine ,, and i do have an area that will fit a real nice round type fuel tank ,, but still thinking about it ,, :approve: :approve: :eek: :eek: :eek: