Just bought new trailer

Steve97365

I just returned from the dealer where I signed my life away on a new 2008 Airstream 25 ft. Safari.
I plan to tow it with a 2005 Double Cab Toyota Tundra, and I'll pick it up a week from Monday.
I have a few questions, even though I've owned TT's 5th wheels, and class C's previously.
1. I purchased an extended warranty from United States Warranties for an additional 7 years of coverage for $1600. What can anyone tell me about the company, coverage, or whether I did the right thing in purchasing it. (I usually don't buy service contracts, but the trailer was expensive, and they're built to last a while, and it has a $50 deductible per visit.)
2. What is a good RV insuranse to purchase for the trailer itself. I'm with State Farm INS. on car, truck, and home now.
3.Any tips or pointers? I paid 39900 for a the Safari 25B after shopping and looking for months. I bought at George M Sutton in Eugene Oregon, and they were several thousand dollars under any of the other nationally advertising dealers. I wanted the rear queen bed and fewer frills than are on some of the 2009 models. It's still pretty loaded though. This is my first post here.

I'm happy to be here and look forward to learning a bunch from some of you more experienced than I.

*scooter*

Re: Just bought new trailer

Welcome to the forum. Stay tuned and in your in for a wealth of information, here in are some of the most informed and helpful people you can find. And Congratulations...Enjoy !

JimE

RE: Just bought new trailer

Steve welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new purchase. I have owned several motorhomes and have always purchased the extended warranty. There are a lot of companies out there and they usually supply you with a list of things they do not cover. Watch out for the ones with lists as long as your camper. Just make sure you follow their trouble reporting process to the T and you should be ok. As far as insurance, I have my cars, house, and motor home insured with State Farm. Several years ago I hit a low bridge and actually pushed one of my rooftop units through the ceiling. State Farm paid to have the entire roof replaced costing them around 13k. They never raised my rates or tried to nickle and dime me.

rjf7g

Re: Just bought new trailer

Steve97365-
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new purchase.