Just got back from the RV show in the Tacoma dome

LEN

And I'll tell you it is a buyers market. Really good prices and they are selling a few. Salesmen are asking for trade ins, they say they are turning the DP trades faster. Seems people will spend the 70-80 grand for used faster than a great buy on new 40-41 footers for $150,000. And these are not stripped down models. Can't remember the one I liked for price 40' solid wood quad slide aguahot with the front kitchen for $159,000 and thats with the 3 flat screens a lot of upgrades, something you would expect at $250,000 range.

LEN

rjf7g

Re: Just got back from the RV show in the Tacoma dome

I will be going to the Richmond, VA show in February just for kicks...I am a couple of years away from needing a new one and I always enjoy looking.

H2H1

Len at those prices they may move a few. I, like Becky not quite ready to trade up my 03 has only 21,000 miles and is still in great shape. I just hope it will be a buyer market when I do decide to move up. :laugh: :cool: :bleh:

Kirk

But can they finance them? And will any of us have any money to pay for one, in another six months?

H2H1

Well Kirk I was able to pay for mine when I got it. But I doubt I will able to do it again since I have retired and not having the six figures income anymore. So I am going to keep mine for a long time. I am not the type of a person that needs a new one to impress anyone. Finance one,,,, no way the house is enough for me and that all I owe for. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

deniloo

RE: Just got back from the RV show in the Tacoma dome

We live in Detroit and my Hubby just closed 5th company in 10 years. (Gov said they didn't see this coming but we sure did!) We wanted a bigger 5th wheel but will certainly have to put that on hold. Nothing here for jobs now so may be heading south and living in the 5th wheel for awhile! Didn't plan on living in the 5th wheel at this point in our lives but......

DL Rupper

My 14 year old 5th wheel is just broken-in now. For sure the "03" Cummins Dodge is just getting broken-in at 113,000 miles. They both will have to do now that it looks like I will be making Condo payments.

I agree with Kirk, no telling what the next 6 mos will bring. I know if the next stimulus package lays a few big ones on me, I'll be helping the economy with purchases of furniture. It won't go in the bank. :laugh:

After this great trip is over (Mar) I'll be back "on-the-road" in the fall. The spring and fall are the best time to RV. Cooler temps and less vacationers. :eek: ;) :bleh: JMO :approve:

Still a Full-timer until ???? the Condo is final. :)

holstin

I went to the Show they had this week in Denver and bought me a 37 1/2 foot 5th wheel. I was able to negotiate a 28% reduction on the price. basically a $82,000 down to $60,000. I am sure it helped going there with cash. They are disperate to sell and people that have money in hand can make a hell of a good deal. We plan to start full timing in it as soon as the house sells. Its been on the market for 8 months and hopefully sometime htis spring I can get rid of my stick home finally.

H2H1

well Holstin that 's sound like a good deal. I was able to do the same when I bought my MH. I hope you sell your home qiick so you can hit the road. good luck