Just started

bobbiejill

My husband and I are in our third week of full time RV'ing, so far so good, an adjustment to be sure. We left NC and made our way to Winter Haven, Fl, up the gulf and are now near Pensacola. We are headed west at our leisure. I am interested in activities or clubs that we can join for the social aspect of this journey. Are there events where fellow full time RV ers meet up, or events?
We are in a 5th wheel, hubby, me and the dog. Looking for any tips or suggestions for newbies on the road, including where to stay, etc.
Thanks and I hope to meet some new friends here, and on the road.
Jill :) http://www.rvusa.com/forum/mbbs22/images/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

akjimny

Re: Just started

Hi Jill and welcome to the RVUSA Forum. We here on the forum are having a Meet & Greet in October at Misty River campground in Tennesseee. You and hubby are more than welcome to attend. The TexasClodhopper (Tex), set up a website for the M&G (rvmeetandgreet.wordpress.com) if you are intrested.

I'm not really up on any of the other social gathering stuff since most of my RVing centers around family and fishing in Alaska. I do know the Good Sam Club does do some events and has caravans, etc. You can check their website for more info.

Welcome to the wonderful world of RVing and post back to let us know how you do. :) :) :)

rjf7g

Welcome to the forum! At this point, I can only dream of full-timing. I hope you get some great tips here!

Kirk

The very best club for RV folks, and particularly for fulltimers is the Escapees RV Club. http://www.escapees.com/

This is the only complete support system for the fulltimer as well as an outstanding group of people. We have been members now for 13 years and have used their mail services for more than 11 years. You can easily use them to become a Texas resident and take advantage of their lack of a state income tax. In addition they have 19 RV parks that you can use for very low prices, a rally each year, and a host of other benefits. Check them out!