Just wanted to get some info from Rod "730" concerning his coach

patrolone

Hi Rod and everybody else,

I am new to this rv thing and I believe I am purchasing the same coach that you have; 1997 Allegro Bus with the freightliner chasis, Cat engine and Allison Tranny. Just wanted to know what the pros and cons are on this unit. From reading past threads, you seem pleased with yours. I will probably be hitting you up from time to time in that I will be fairly lost for a while till I figure things out. We are supposed to take delivery of it this coming Wed from the dealership. Anyway, I appreciate any of your input and heck, input from anybody with more experience than I is appreciated as well. ;)

Gary

G

RE: Just wanted to get some info from Rod "730" concerning his coach

yes ,, i DID own an allegro bus ,, but with a cummins engine ,, but never had a prob outta it ,, oh the usal stuff ,, but it was a very good coach ,, but one thing ,, the engine mods i made ,, got me only about 5 to 6mpg :eek: :eek: but that's ok ,, i loved to watch the black smoke roll outta the mirrors ,, but Tiffin ,, makes a very good rv ,,, and u will not be disapointed ,, believe me ,, what size are u purchasing ??? i had a 40fter ,, with tag axles ,, relly hurt the wallet on tires :( :( :(

patrolone

Re: Just wanted to get some info from Rod "730" concerning his coach

Mine is a 35 ft. They are putting new tires all the way around; I wanted them to put Michilens but they wouldnt front the money for those so they are going with Yokohama's; I have had them on my SUV and was happy with them I hope they are as good as those were.... Everything I have read on Tiffin has been positive, its just a relief to hear an owner tell me that, makes me feel more comfortable with my purchase. Did you upgrade, and if so, what did you get if you dont mind my asking? Did you go with another Tiffin model or something else? Anyway, I appreciate the post and look forward to talking more in the future...

G

Re: Just wanted to get some info from Rod "730" concerning his coach

yes i did do some upgrades to the Allegro ,, but mostly interior stuff ,, took out carpet ,, and installed tile ,, did some re wiring ,, and misc stuff ,, but no i did not upgrade to a newer one ,, had some issues that i had to take care of ,, so had to sell the Tiffin ,, but i still have a MH a 92 ,, Rexhall Airrex ,, long story there ,, but it is clean ,, and only has less than 30,000 miles on it ,, and i am kinda liking the vintage part of it ,, more and more are doing just that ,, buying older ones and fixing them up ,,, i have 2 right now ,, after camping season that are gonna get a total remodel inside ,, and updated to todays specs ,, but go with what u are looking at ,, u WILL NOT be dissapointed ,, :approve: :approve: