Kitchen sink drain strainer.....

histepper47

Hi,
We're brand new to RVing and have only been out a few times. We really enjoy it but I have
an issue with my tiny little sink drain. I have not been able to find a drain strainer small enough to fit the sink.
The stopper that came with the sink does not really stop stuff from going down the drain. I wipe off all the dishes
pots and pans prior to washing them but I don't get everything. The drain is only about 1.25 inches.
I can't find anything online that's small enough.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks..............

G

RE: Kitchen sink drain strainer.....

well first of all welcome to the forum ,,, u'r sink did not come with a strainer,, did u buy the rv new ???? if so i would call the dealer back and have them get u a strainer ,, if not bought new ,, have u cked out camp world ???? see what they have to offer ,, they may not have it in the store ,, but they can order it for u ,, if u still don't find what u are looking for ,, post me or pm back ,, and i'll see what i can come up with ;) :approve: :approve: :) :)

utmtman

Re: Kitchen sink drain strainer.....

You can also check out a lot of hardware stores including walmart, some will have the smaller sized strainers for sinks. Check any local rv stores as well like local dealers.

histepper47

RE: Kitchen sink drain strainer.....

:) Thanks for the welcome and the replies. I'll check with the dealer and walmart.
Looking forward to many happy days RVing.

Ellen

Kirk

We had no luck in replacing ours at Camping world, but we did locate one at a dealer in Garland, Texas. (Camper Capital)

jewallac

Forget the regular strainers and go for the replacement type that look like screen mesh and fit into the sink. These work much better and can be purchased at Walmart, Bed, Bath & Beyond or Linens and Things. You'll find them with kitchen gadgets and they come in different sizes so you should be able to find a good fit. I was a full-timer for years so know these work better and use them in my home now also.

June :)