Ladder carrier

Discussion in 'General RVing' started by PatA, Mar 15, 2004.

1. PatA

PatA New Member

I am trying to find a carrier that will hold an 8' aluminum ladder on the attached rear ladder on my '98 32' Dutch Star coach. I see ladders on the rear of many RV's but I can not locate a source for a carrier in my area or on the net. Any help appreciated.
    allens2@iland.net

2. Butch

Butch New Member

Ladder carrier

Check with Camping World. Thats where we bought ours.

3. Edmund A Skibinski

Edmund A Skibinski New Member

Ladder carrier

;) Camping World is where we also purchased ours , easy to install , I also purchased a small cable and lock for additional security . :laugh:

4. PatA

PatA New Member

Ladder carrier

I do appreciate the replies from both Butch & Edmond; however I have contacted Camping World and they insist that they do have such a product, just a carrier for lawn chairs. I'll keep looking.
    Pat

5. PatA

PatA New Member

Ladder carrier

sorry, should have been, they do NOT have such a product.
    Pat

6. PatA

PatA New Member

Ladder carrier

sorry, should have been, they do NOT have such a product.
    Pat

7. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

Ladder carrier

Pat,
    What about a couple s hooks and bungee cords.

8. ARCHER

ARCHER Senior Member

Ladder carrier

PatA,
    Why don't you just tie it on the top of your RV/Camper? I have seen them on the top and I have seen them on the ladder to the roof? A bike carrier might also be used to hold it on the rear ladder. I have a bike carrier for two bikes (costs about $75.00) that if I wanted too, I could put my 6 foot ladder behind the bikes supported by the bike carrier and would be just fine (not sure about an 8footer). Be inventive, but safe...who knows, you might invent something that will make you a million.

9. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

Ladder carrier

Archer, maybe that is the reason I have seen so many ladders on I 65 lately. They might have been using my s hook method. :eek: :laugh:

Pat sorry about my typo on your name on my other post but, maybe I got it changed before you read it. :blush: