last time out

G

well as for me ,, i have about 2 more weekends to get out and camp ,, then i'll put the MH up for the winter ,, u see it's getting to cold for me to enjoy camping ,, i like staying outside all the time ,, even nights ,, but here in TN it's getting cold at night ,, well for most they would say cool ,, but if u can't enjoy the day and night outside ,, then for me at least it's time to put it up for the winter ,, but this is JMO ,, and i am sure others will have feedback on this ,, but that's ok ,, it's just me ;) :approve: :approve: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ReBob8101

RE: last time out

Are the leaves starting to change up there yet?? We are going to head up to at least the Helen, Ga. area and meybe southern Tn. next week to check out the colors.

Bob

cwishert

Re: last time out

Well Rod it is almost October so I guess it may be a little chillier over there but here it is still in the 80's during the day and the 60's at night. Still perfect beach weather. Hopefully we will still be going out until mid November if we get the chance. Possibly more than that depending on the sunshine. I can still fish in the chilly weather but I don't like the freezing weather any more. Nothing used to stop me from fishing but now I like it to be at least in the 60's, can't handle the cold any more. One of these days I will get to Tennessee in the fall to see the leaves and to experience the beauty. But for now, I will have to enjoy the beauty of Texas. If you get an urge for the beach, come on down to Texas, just not to Galveston at this time. :( Hopefully they will get thier lives back together.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Rod, your so mistaken!!! Now is the BEST time to camp, cool evenings, don't have to listen to the AC run, won't bake in the hot sun. AHHH finally my season has arrived. :)

rjf7g

I agree with Ken...I love fall camping in Virginia. I am hard-pressed to sit by a campfire when it is 85 degrees outside although I love campfires...it is awesome to have a campfire when the temperature is in the 60's. It's boating that is going by the wayside for us. We are camping for Thanksgiving and have at least one more trip planned in our class C this winter. We won't go if there is snow or ice, but "just cold" we can handle!

ARCHER

Gosh, I sure wish I was in Virginia right now for those cool nights and no sound of the A/C running. It is 95 degrees inside my trailer right now down in Florida. Ya see, my A/C is broken and it is taking the fixers *(replacement by Dometic under warranty) 5-7 days to replace it. Supposedly has to be shipped from Atlanta down here. We were sitting out in the car earlier because we could run the car A/C and it felt soooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooooood!! It will get fixed and we will be back in business for this winter here in the Sunny State of Florida. Have fun this fall.... ;)

C Nash

Aw come on Rod :eek: you're missing the best time for camping. No crowds, plenty campsites, fires fell good, leaves turning, clear skies, bugs gone, the fall crikets are singing and I'm sitting here still with a aching back :(

H2H1

well we will be in TN in 2 weeks at Jellystone CG come on over and we will do the right thing---ENJOY THE WEATHER and company. we will be in Knoxville on the 10th spending the night there then on over to Gatlinburg. ya'll come, you here. Nash you aren't that far, so pack up and come on over. Rod is going to see if he can work it in to come for a day.

C Nash

Hollis, sure would like to but don't know if I could handle the drive right now. Never had the back to go out for this long. going on 3 weeks now and I can't take this sitting or laying around all day. Never lasted over a week before :angry:

DL Rupper

We like the fall so much we headed North to Utah for a month of crisp fall weather. Well it's in the 80's right now. So much for the fall. It's 10:30 at night and still 70 degrees. :eek: :eek: That's warmer than the daytime weather all summer on the Washington and Oregon Coast.

utmtman

Hey DL its just a little less than that down here in Az. Maybe you stopped too far north. We are down in the 70s to 60's by 10.

DL Rupper

Hey Lee, I left Oregon too soon. We were going to go to Las Vegas, but it's even hotter there.
I had trouble finding anything in Woods Cross and Bountiful and I lived in WX 30 years ago. SLC is way too big now. We went to find a Wal-Mart and almost got lost. I wouldn't move back here for anything. Visit yes. Move no.
The new Pony Express RV Resort is Ok, but they are having Power problems and are in court with the electrician so 50% of the sites are down.