Leaking slideouts

fire22driver

Both of the slideouts in my 5th wheel are leaking. The carpet around the slideout edges is where the water is laying. Where is a good place to start looking? The roof looks good. I think it is coming in around the edges. Could slideout awnings help.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Leaking slideouts

Hello and welcome...

A slide topper is not a leaky slide fix. You need to figure out why they are leaking and get them fixed.

utmtman

I have a slide out that has an awning and that did not stop it from leaking. They replaced the rubber seal and that slowed the leaking down. We only get it now if the rains are hard and wind is blowing it a certain direction. They said there are two possible reasons for the leaks, a out of center slide and squirrely seals. Good luck to you, hope you can find the problem and get it fixed.

rjf7g

Fire22driver-
Welcome to the forum. Does it leak when you are driving down wet roads or does it leak when you are opened up and it is raining?

fire22driver

So far it only leaks when the slides are out. Bit, I've only had the camper a few weeks. There are some gaps at the bottom of the outer seal (the lack rubber) and where the leak is the worst the seal is ripped. Did find a small split on the inner seal (what looks like rubber roof to me) and plan to patch that this week. This rig has had some damage to the slides, but I know that when I bought her. Thanks all, and looking forward to anymore tips.