LEVEL CAMPER WITH BOARDS FIRST?

BOB2SIMMONS

I AM NEW TO CAMPING AND HAVE A QUESTION, WHY DO PEOPLE PUT BOARDS OR RAMPS UNDER THE TIRES FIRST THEN PUT DOWN THE LEVELING JACKS?

IS THERE A REASON?

WON'T THE LEVELING JACKS LEVEL THE CAMPER?

THANKS IN ADVANCE, :question:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: LEVEL CAMPER WITH BOARDS FIRST?

First of all, welcome to the forum, but please turn off your CAPS. It is considered yelling on here.

Now, what you see people doing is correct. You level the trailer, then drop the STABILIZER jacks. They are not leveling jacks. If you try to level with them, you will get your trailer is a bind and doors may not close correctly. Believe me, I have seen just that.

Rule of camping: Level, then Stabilize.

utmtman

I use the leveling pad before I do the jacks to add help to the leveling from side to side or front to rear. Also I put pads under the jacks cuz they will sink quickly in mud and dirt ground from weight and even quicker if the ground gets wet. Pads help prevent that.

brodavid

welcome to the forum and hang around, you can find alot of info if you read thru this forum

H2H1

I have always used my jacks to level my MH. But now I have several 2x12x 16" that I placed under each tire. there have been times that I needed more, so now I carry several pieces plus the plastic type. So use the board then the jacks.

H2H1

I have always used my jacks to level my MH. But now I have several 2x12x 16" that I placed under each tire. there have been times that I needed more, so now I carry several pieces plus the plastic type. So use the board then the jacks.