Leveler stuck down!

:confused: We were coming home and at our last overnight ONE of the levelers got stuck in a down position. To make a long story short, a guy came and "by passed" the limit switch and got it up and told us NOT to put it back down until we have it replaced. Wondering if anyone knows how big a job that is going to be? Is it a big deal? We have a 2002 Georgie Boy Suite. I appreciate any and ALL input!!

G

well ,, did he mean the whole jack assembly ??? or the limit switch ??? sounds to me like u just need the limit switch ,, but they can get rust and such blocking the contacts due to where they are (under the rv in all elements)
Imo ,, i would try and clean the switch with a good cleaner ,, i have used brake cleaner to do this and it has worked ,, but not a full fix ,, btw what type of levling system do u have ???

tnarvs;83310 said:
well ,, did he mean the whole jack assembly ??? or the limit switch ??? sounds to me like u just need the limit switch ,, but they can get rust and such blocking the contacts due to where they are (under the rv in all elements)
Imo ,, i would try and clean the switch with a good cleaner ,, i have used brake cleaner to do this and it has worked ,, but not a full fix ,, btw what type of levling system do u have ???

I think he meant just the limit switch. He fixed it from the inside at the control panel. It's a Big Foot leveler system.

G

well ,, not knowing and seeing what he did "inside" ,, if i had to guess now ,, i think u might have a bad connection ,, or a possible board issue ,, but JMO :)