leveling blocks

SnowbirdInFlight

RE: leveling blocks

lasoyatang - 9/12/2008 5:11 PM ARE LEVELING BLOCKS REALLY NEEDED WHEN SETTING UP AT A SITE?

For me, yes! I can always tell when the trailer isn't level. My equilibrium is completely thrown off and I can't stand it, lol. Oh and also when cooking the water or oil in the pan will be deeper on one side than the other. :eek:

Shadow

RE: leveling blocks

Good one Browzin! :laugh: And I believe your frig needs to be fairly level to work properly...

utmtman

Re: leveling blocks

Wife always lets me know if we are not level cuz of her dish water staying in the front corner of the sink. LOL I have two sets of leveling blocks and believe me I use them.

G

well i have levelers on my mh ,, but i really don't use them that much ,, unless i have a sight that is out of level ,, most i try to get ,, have a concrete pad ,, but i do use the levelers for stabilty ,, and not so much for level .... :approve: :approve: :approve: ;) ;) :) :)

hertig

When I had my trailer, I needed the blocks probably 4 stops out of 5. Generally trailers don't have 'levelers' (for side to side, anyway) apparently because 'the frame is not strong enough'. What most do have are 'stabilizers' which cut down on trailer movement when you are set up.

So if your sites are level or not level front to back, you don't need them, but if the site is not level side to side, you will (and in my experiance, many sites are not level side to side). One of the reasons I went to the motorhome, messing with those blocks was a pain.

DL Rupper

You need to be level for your fridge to work properly. Or so they say. We always try to get as level as the old boards can get us. the fridge is still working after 13 years. Hope the leveling is why. :eek: ;)

H2H1

well I agree with Dl on the refri to work. I, like Rod have levelers on the MH. I also have 2 set of the plastic type plus I have 2 x 10 cut into 16'' enough for stack one on top of the other if the site is that un level. When we was up in Stone Mountain at a GA State Park and it was the worst that I have been in and needed them all. So I always keep them on board :laugh:

raskal

Yup! We also haul some sections of 2 x 10" boards in the back of the PU for leveling ... a major headache but necessary often.