Leveling system

*scooter*

I have the 'Power Gear' leveling system on my RV. I can't seem to find the pump to check the fluid.
It's a 2002 Southwind, 8.1 Workhorse, 32' (2 slides).
Any help in locating the pump would be appreciated.
Thanks..

G

RE: Leveling system

Roger ,, i would look where u connect the stinky slinky ,, i think it's in that area ,, :laugh: :eek: JK ,,,
Look under the hood area ,, the pump may not be there ,, but the resivoir for it might be ,, it should have a sticker on it ,, stateing ,, NO BRAKE FLUID ,, or hydro fluid only ,, hope this helps u out ,, if not post us back ,, and if i were home ,, i would look it up in some of the manuals i have ,, but one more day at the beach ,, :disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove: :dead:

utmtman

Re: Leveling system

On my rv the resevoir is next to the generator. Almost looks like part of the genny.

H2H1

Rodger my reservoir is just behind the left front wheel. Now this bring up a question for me. When I hit the right rear jack down both go down. I have only one button for the front jacks. This make it hard to level when both jacks go down in the rear.I will have my RV tech to look at it when I get home in June.

*scooter*

Hey, I found it.....I'm pretty sure.
Thanks to all who responded with suggestions. It's kinda funny, but it goes to show how these kind of things are placed all over an RV.
And the winner is...................................Hollis.. It's in the same place as yours. Now to figure out how to check and fill the resevoir. On mine also, the front two jacks come down together, and the rear can come down as a pair or individually, for left and right leveling.
Thanks again everyone.

C Nash

Hey scooter what did Hollis win :laugh: . Same place as mine but I was going to make you crawl under and work to find it :eek: ;)

*scooter*

Well, I could say that the check is in the mail for Hollis :eek: , ...but....I won't and it's not...lol.
I still had to crawl under to find it though :laugh:

buftflair

RE: Leveling system

I know this is alittle bit late and I don't know if you have resolved your problems or not. But here goes, on our Power Gear system the pump has a screw out plug and the instructions state to fill it 1/8 of an inch below the hole. As usual it is in an inconvienient place and impossibel to pour hydraulic fluid (same as the brake fluid resivoir), so I went to my local Wally World and bought a fuel primer bulb for a boat and added a couple of feet of hose on each end. This makes a great little tool for transfering small amounts of liquid. I hope this helps and is not too late late.

C Nash

Never to late buftflair to post the little fixes that make things eaiser. :approve:

*scooter*

Great tip buftflair, I did find it and the best way to access it, is with the slide out. The filler cap is on the top, not an easy place to get to, but I was able to check the level and it's all good.
Thanks again...also it's never too late to post.. :laugh:

C Nash

Think he meant the fill port was as hard to get to as the brake resivoir .I hope :eek:

buftflair

That's right both are very hard to get to, no I wouldn't add brake fluid to a system requiring hydraulic fluid.