leveling

kmr95

I am not new to camping but we have bought out first pop up tent trailer. It is old {1986} but in pretty good condition. It is also small only ten feet. The problem is that when I bought it I received a five minute lesson on how to set it up. I never thought about the leveling part. What is the proper way to level? should the wheel in the front be off the ground and only be supported by the jacks? What is the first step? There are two levels on opposite corners of the trailer, but what a time I am having. On out last trip the door did not shut right, and I am told that it is because the trailer is not level. I wish that I had a manual or something but no luck there. Any help?

drummerman

leveling

Kmr95

I don't have a pop up, but leveling it with leveling jack plus leaving the wheels on the ground will give you more stability.
I have had problems with the doors not shutting tight on my TT before I bought the fifth wheel. After leveling the camper, check the door, and adjust the jacks until the door moves freely.
The best way to avoid a lot of adjusting is to purchase a couple of bubble levels found at any camping store, and level your trailer somewhere on a level surface with a level that you use at home. When you are satisfied that your pop up is level, put the bubble levels in one of the corners on your pop up. This way when you are setting up you can quickly look at the bubble levels to see how level you are. You may still need to do a little adjusting, but the bubble levels sure help.

Drummerman

2001 Chev Silverado 2500HD 8.1L
2002 30 ft Wildcat 5th wheel

Will Daniels

leveling

When I had a popup I would level the wheels side to side with plywood or blocks of wood,then level it front to back with the crank,then drop the stabilizers and make them tight to the ground.Bubble levels are good-mount one on the front and one on the top of the tongue.Will

kmr95

leveling

Thanks for the advice. I'm sure it will be helpfull. Sometimes things seem simple, but when you haven't done it before i wonder if there is a better way. Thanks again. MIKE