leveling

Steven A

I just purchased my first RV. 86 Pace Arrow 31000 miles. This RV has no leveling jacks other than the aluminum camper levelers.
I would like to know if it would be wise to install scissor jacks front and rear to get them out of my storage space and handy to use. I'm just not sure that they will be steady enough as you see some with stabilizer bars etc. thanks for the help, Steven

C Nash

Re: leveling

Welcome to the forum Steven. This is a MH i'm assuming. Never seen just aluminum stablizers on a MH. They would not be for leveling IMO just for stabalizing the unit. Scissor jacks would not level either IMO. What size Pace Arror? leveling blocks would be best.

Steven A

It is a 32 ft and has no leveling jacks. If I understand you correctly use leveling blocks and possibly the scissors jacks to stablize the Motorhome. thanks Steven

C Nash

Yes, use the leveling blocks under the wheels and just kind of stablize with the scissors Steven. Just my opinion as I have never used just scissor jacks on a MH. Maybe some of the others will jump in. Be sure the jacks or under the frame. Ar the aluminum ones mounted under the MH?

Steven A

The aluminum ones are the square base type that you use with a small trailer. They are currently stored under the mh in the side bin. I would think that the space is better used for something else if i can mount the scissors to the frame front and aft. thanks Steven