Life After the Oil Crash

Geometricenigma

[b][url]http://lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/[/b][/url]

This man's conclusions are particularly disturbing. I have been aware of concerns related to peak oil production for several years, but I hadn't given it much thought until I heard this guy interviewed at length. If his assertions are correct, or anywhere close to correct, we're all in very big trouble in the not too distant future. I don't know enough about the topic to be certain one way or the other. I do know that occasionally in press coverage I've heard very sober people express serious concern about this problem. This man's website defines the problem and outlines the very disturbing consequences if his view is correct. Although the topic may be dry I thought some of you would find this interesting. If his assertions are correct we'll all be kissing our RVs goodbye along with many other things.

What I find interesting is that the author is NOT promoting or proposing a solution. His conclusion is that there the oil crash is inevitable, and that there is no viable alternative replacement technology on the horizon. He takes the time to cover all the alternatives and explains why each won't work.

C Nash

Life After the Oil Crash

Geometricenigma, the page wouldn't load om my computer or not tonight. I do think we are in for some troubling times ahead if no alternate is found. With China and India entering the field for large consumption it will happen. really sad to work all your life toward a goal you would like in the golden age and get there and find you probably are a few years late. Still believe we could convert to grain fuel and put farmers back in business. just have to hope our technology can find a way. Take a pretty big battery to move our rvs down the road in an electric vehicle. Will try to keep going to the article. Would like to see what he has to say

slow-canoe

Life After the Oil Crash

Yes this situation needs addressed but this looks like a chicken little the sky is falling story. If you look to the top of the page there is a link that says srore , they are SELLING books and fear ! :angry: :dead:

Geometricenigma

Life After the Oil Crash

If this guy is correct in his conclusions and assessments, or even close to correct, there's plenty to fear. It would mean the end of civilization as we know it and a return to preindustrial society.

C Nash

Life After the Oil Crash

Might be a chicken little story but makes a lot of sense with other countries entering the market for oil. We have known for a long time that the supply was limited and will run out someday. Demand will push the price up and our habits will have to change. Are we willing to do it? The good book says that there will be hard times with the world in chaos. Is control of oil the real reason we are in Iraq? Will Iran be next? What kind of world will our kids and future generations face? Have we already lived in the best time? Don't hurt to think ahead. Still believe technology will find a way. Maybe we'll find oil on Mars or the moon. Recond what the price of it would be. Guess we'll just have to get a virtual reality rv and sit in the drive and make believe we are traveling Is this enough gloom and doom for today?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chelse L. Nash

Geometricenigma

Life After the Oil Crash

The thing that caught my attention in this article was that the author brings together a variety of points that are not generally in dispute, discusses each one, and then draws his alarming conclusion from those points. He also clearly states that he has no solution, and from what he can determine, no one else has a solution either. Over the years, I'd become aware of each of the individual points, technologies, energy sources, and methods he reviews, but I'd never considered what it all means when looked at as a whole. I've never seen anyone organize this information and then point to the fact that oil is now being used faster than it is being discovered, we're close to the mid-point of reserves, AND global demand is increasing. I'm certainly no expert, but what he's saying basically makes sense to me. There is no practical alternative to petroleum as an energy source. There is no breakthrough technology on the horizon (unless cold fusion or zero-point energy pan out - unlikely). Our modern industrial civilization does in fact depend on oil. I pray to God the author is wrong, but what in the hell are we gonna do if he's right? And, if he IS right the collapse and crash are inevitable. It's just a matter of time. Think about what that would mean. The consequences would be so terribly severe that my mind has difficulty imagining them.

One other thing, and I said this during the first Persian Gulf War, we're fighting because of oil - not anyone else's freedom. Countries wage war over their own national interests. If it weren't for the oil fields and the wealth they generate, the Islamofascists would never have had the power to attack us. America must sacrifice blood for oil. I understand it and I support it. I would NOT support sending American soldiers to die fighting for someone else's freedom - they can do that for themselves. Think about it. If there were no oil under the ground they inhabit, would America give a **** about the Arabs? I wouldn't.

So, having said all that. I find this article very disturbing because from what I know about each of the points he develops and reviews his conclusions seem reasonable and may well be correct. I don't know that he's correct, BUT this guy has drawn my attention to the consequences of peak oil, and from now on it will be a subject that I follow.

I'm glad some of you found the article of some interest. And Yes, I may buy the guy's book to understand his complete argument.