light switches

bcole

Hi Everyone
I just got my new 5er home and notice that the red aluminating switch for the lights in the living room and in the bathroom are very hot. Does anyone have a suggestion on what could be wrong or what to do? I called the dealer but all they could say at the moment was it shouldn't be doing that.
Brad

G

RE: light switches

i am thinking that u have some lights on in the rv ,, right??? and are u plugged in to shore power??? the switches should not be Hot hot ,, but they do get kinda warm at times ,, let us know back on what u have on and the types of switch it is ,,, ;) :approve: :approve:

bcole

Re: light switches

No, I don't have any lights going at the moment. I have everything shut off and it's not hooked up to power.

C Nash

I would be getting it backe to the dealer :eek: . I would have thought they would have insisted you bring it back pronto. Is it a red light that stays on? I really don't understand but thats nothing new for me.

utmtman

I have never seen red eluminating switches for lights but that dont mean they are not out there. Usually they are for things like the hot water heater or furnace or something of that nature. I have one on all the time in my rv and it barely gets warm. If you got one getting hot I think you should turn it off and have it checked out.

Kirk

A switch should not get hot. Since this sounds like a warranty issue, insist that it be replaced.