lippert jacks

I had posted earlier about my jacks,well went out to check them to see if everything still worked.Well they went down and then back up,but I could smell something hot.Yes it was the motor burning up.I have the extended service plan from good sam,so went to my local RV place to make a appointment,he stated that they will not do other companys warrenty work because they will not pay them for the amount that they bill them.Talked to the boss and he stated to bring it in(2 july)) for a estimate and then they would contact the company to see if they would ok it.Who is charging to much or is the insurance company the one at fault?I have read many bad things about Lippert and there jacks,and they claim that its not there products fault.If it doesn't get paid for by the ins.then I have to eat it.Will keep you all posted on my results.

LEN

Read your policy well most of the electric motors and such may not be covered. Or call Good Sam and ask. Make sure you get pre approved for the fix. I've had good luck with Good Sam as long as you follow the rules.

LEN

Len,I am with good sam and they are going to fix my jack problem -my deductable.They will not fix the step problem as they stated the policy would not cover it (don't know why).Anyhow it is going to cost me another 90.00 for this work.Will wait and see what the shop does,and how good it is.

By the way it took a month just to get it into the shop.Think the problem was they do not like extended warenties,after a trip to the manager they said ok.Think the service advisor got his toes stepped on,thats the delay.

H2H1

Good Sams extended warranty has paid out more than I have paid them. I was always satisfied with them.

Latest on my jacks using good sam ext service.The hyd motor is bad so Lipert sent the shop one,was the wronge one and upon calling Lippert they no longer make this motor,so now I must get the complet hyd pump.When my ext warrenty co. was contacted they stated they would not pay for it as it was a discontinued item.( why is this my problem).We are talking about a 2010 RV.So explain to me why this is my problem.Still trying to get ahold of my ext warrenty co,every one is busy helping other costomers.Not giving up yet.

H2H1

hang in there, Like I said earlier, I was satisfied with GS, but I had to jump thru some hoop to get them to do the right thing. It kinda like the VA, deny deny till you die, or just go away

Well after 35 days I have gotten my RV out of the shop.Total bill was 3108.40.Went in for the jacks and steps.Dont make the motor for the steps any more so had to buy the complete HYD system,guess it is my fault that they no longer make this motor.I have GS warranty and all they will pay is 1225.78,so the rest is on me.Long story and I have sent GS the paperwork to see what they will do.Paid 1700.00 for the warranty so I guess I lose on this.Will wait and see.H2H1 also understand the VA.

H2H1

well I have a 2014 5th wheel with the Lippert Jacks. This unit has a computer to lower , level, and to retract the jacks. I was leveling it in my yard and for got to drop the center(middle) jack. I hit the off switch to stop it, went to drop the center jacks and now they don't work, the other 4 does. So now I have that problem with Lippert jacks

H2H1

WELL I got my Lippert jacks back working. I call the Lippert customer service and they was very helpful. Kevin walked me thru each step and was very patient with me since I am hard of hearing. I am very happy and satisfied with this company.

Well I have to admit that I was a little hard on GS.I sent in the bill from my RV with a statement as to why I felt that it was not fair.Well they looked it over and sent me a check for 800.00 of the repair,so looks like they were doing ok with me..Guess I will have to contact them and thank them.So I am out about a thousand,but is better than it was.