Local RV Sales/Service Burns

cougarkid

Tuesday morning (1/18/11) at approx. 1:45 am a person driving westbound on I-70 just outside of Columbia, MO called the local 911 to report smoke rolling across the interstate, coming from a local RV Sales and Service Company.

The Boone County Fire Protection district resonded to Loveall RV at the intersection on I-70 and Hwy Z to find the 3-bay maintanace department fully engulfed in flames and the roof collapsing. They fought the fire from the outside untill it was brought under control and then moved inside to the attached sales and office area. A propane refilling station, near the service bays was of concern, but was kept watered down and sustained no damage.

A small fire in a 2nd floor hallway was exstinquised and the sales/office area was saved. All the company's records and papers were saved. The fire wall between the service area and office area did its job.

They lost 2 5th wheel trailers, a service truck and countless tools. The service bays are a total lose. Smoke damage to 2 pop-ups on the display floor and the office/sales area. ALL the RVs on the lot will have to be checked for smoke damage, as the wind blew the smoke across the lot, through their entire stock of new and used RVs and trailers.

Estimates of several million dollars in damage and loses. Cause is still undetermined. Fire Marshal and ATF (large commercial fire) are investigating. No foul play is suspected.

Owner said Tuesday night, "We ARE open for business. We will rebuld the service bay."

A link to the local newspaper story:

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2011/jan/18/loveall-rv-fire-causes-heavy-damage/

I use these guys for getting my propane tanks filled.
Buy parts from them if needed.