Location of fresh water tank in my Class A?

Meffrig

I plan on heading south the first week in January so I am not planning on winterizing my Class A Thor Windsport. I have my unit plugged in at home and I check the inside temperature on a daily basis. I have a small heater running inside to keep the coach temperature above freezing. I also have my furnace on set at 55 and the grey and black tanks are heated. I plan to put antifreeze in both the black and grey tanks as well. My question is about the location of the fresh water tank. Have I covered all the bases to keep from worrying about freezing pipes? Thanks.:)

LEN

Most later model MH's have their water tank between the rails near the center of the home. You don't say where you are and where you going through. Low temp while traveling can cause freezing problems as in the teens and below because of the air flow. As A GUESS AND ONLY THAT HEATED TANKS SHOULD INCLUDE THE WATER TANK. I have mine out in freezing temps as long as the day time is above freezing and no problems. Keep door open in the MH in freezing weather to allow air(warm) to get to piped areas. The anti freeze in the black and grey is a good idea as the valves are in a area that could freeze.

LEN

Meffrig

Thanks Len. I will be traveling from Ky. to southern Alabama in January. I may go ahead empty the tanks and blow out the lines to be safe.

akjimny

Meffrig - I think emptying the tank and blowing the lines clear will be your best best. The water in the tank (probably) would not freeze but the water in the lines might freeze and burst. Better safe than sorry.