Long Bed or Short Bed

Eightarches

Looking to purchase a one ton 4 x 4 Diesel Truck to pull a fifth wheeler.
Have not purchased the fifth wheeler yet, so wanted a truck that
will pull just about anything. Will probably get a large 40' Toy House.

Should I get a Short Bed or Long Bed?
Four Door or King Cab?
Dually or Single Rear Wheels?

I like the way the 03' 7.3L Diesel F350 King Cab Short Bed handles and drives, but
don't know how it will handle a large fifth wheel. I also like the room of the 03' 7.3L
Diesel F350 four door long bed.

Thanks in advance.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Long Bed or Short Bed

I know that there are thousands of short bed trucks towing huge 5th wheel trailers but the LONGER the better. If you can find a 7.3 engine, that is a good engine, but run like hell from the 6.0. The 2003 year model is the year they changed. In that year they were rated to tow a 13,400lb. trailer. Ford, GM and Dodge have increased those ratings since then.

jetboat

RE: Long Bed or Short Bed

we have a bumper pull,but we have friends with both short and long beds. with a long bed you dont need any extras,but my buddy with the short,has to mhave special attachments so the trailer wont hit the rear of the cab. also the long is a smother ride.

Steve H

RE: Long Bed or Short Bed

If you plan on garaging your truck, make sure you can get the long bed in! A long bed also has more room for "stuff".

We have the Extended Cab which works for just the two of us and our little dog. We can carry extra things there but also have room for people when the need arises. Remember that a Crew Cab/Long Bed would be a very long combination. Even with the EC, the turning radius is quite big...can be a problem in parking lots! Still, I prefer the long bed.

Happy Camping!