Looking for a cheap insurance co.

BigJoe

Hello guys,

perhaps one of you knows an insurance co. where I can insure my motorhome just for a short time?
For example for 4 weeks a year roadside, rest of the year only storage, or without storage, doesn´t matter.
Perhaps you know I use the motorhome just for vacation when I´m in the US. Last year I paid nearly $800 at Blue Sky.
I asked GoodSam, but they offer only by the year, too.
It would be great if someone could help me to save some bucks :)

Thanks
Joe

H2H1

why not buy what you need and once you are finish with your vacation, cancell it, then they owe you a refund for the balance. I don't think you are reqiured to keep ins. with a company for 6 months or a year before you need to renew . I think you have the right to cancell it anytime you like. JMHO

BigJoe

@H2H1:
Last year they told me that it isn´t cheaper for me when I want to insure only for 4 weeks, and they said that the price they gave me is for the shortest time.
Sometimes I didn´t understood exactly what they ment.

@ C Nash:
I wrote to Good Sam that I need only insurance for 4 weeks and they said they insure only by year.

It´s a pity that it´s so expensive to insure the MH for such a short time. And the flights are more expensive than last year.........I´m afraid that I can´t pay all in 2 or 3 years.
I love to drive in the USA and I love to feel the freedome on the roads and the friendly guys on a campground......that´s why I bought me the MH

H2H1

then why tell them it for 4 weeks, buy six months of Ins. and cancel it once you have completed your vacation. Tell them you have an emergency back home and need to get back and cancel it.Then they would owe you money back.

C Nash

Joe, I know the feeling on getting to expensive. We live here and are finding it harder each year to survive. Everything going up except retirement income. Progressive insurance has been cheapest for me on our MH. You need some kind of insurance year around regardless if it's stored. Just don't over insure. Get just enough to pat current value of MH. That's all they will pay anyway. Some will pay for what you paid but it will be expensive.

Wolfpack Fan

I just spoke to a progressive agent the other day to cancel our boat policy, because we sold the boat. She told me I cold reduce coverages and increase the deductibles during the times it's sitting. All of this I can do from the web site. I still have to keep insurance on it because it's financed, but I'll be able to cut the monthly premium in half for a few months of the year, after tailgating is done and before spring camping starts.

BigJoe

Hi Wolfpack Fan,

that sounds good, like that what I´m searching for.
Could you give my the phonenumber from the agent, or an email address? Than I would contact her.....
Thanks, Joe

BigJoe

Yes, I know, but I hab contact to progressive 2 years ago and nobody told me that it´s possible reuce the coverage and so on.

BigJoe

HI Radyjame,
yes, off course I´m interested. It´s still a long time I will need the insurance (next year June or July or August, I don´t know now which exact dates because I have no flights till now.
But I would like to know as early as possible what I have to pay for ins.

H2H1

BJ pick up the dang phone and call any ins company. I am sure they will give you and answer to any questions you ask. BTW where is your RV storaged at? But like I suggested, get here locate the ins company who you would like to do business with hem for 6 months, cancel after your stay. Then I would go home and show off the pictures you may have of this great country of our. And then start planning for your next trip back. good luck and enjoy your stay.

JordanAllen76

BigJoe;81540 said:
Hello guys,

perhaps one of you knows an insurance co. where I can insure my motorhome just for a short time?
For example for 4 weeks a year roadside, rest of the year only storage, or without storage, doesn´t matter.
Perhaps you know I use the motorhome just for vacation when I´m in the US. Last year I paid nearly $800 at Blue Sky.
I asked GoodSam, but they offer only by the year, too.
It would be great if someone could help me to save some bucks :)

Thanks
Joe

Haven't you been watching Geico lately?!

Happier than a witch in a broom factory...