Looking for a family friendly campground in Miami

HZMTLT

I am going to be in the keys this summer and need to stop in Miami on the way back to see some family (Kendell to be specific). Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Bob

dodge ram 02 1500 5.9 v8
Smokey SunRay 28'

vanole

Re: Looking for a family friendly campground in Miami

You might want to look at Larry & Penny Thompson Campground in Miami. It is a municipal park off of Eureka Dr. Actual address is 12451 SW 184 St. Phone number is 305-232-1049. Its near the Zoo.

V/R
Jeff

DARLING

Wasn't sure if West Palm is too far BUT..

The KOA in West Palm is right next to Lion Country Safari, a drive thru Arican Safari. KOA has special that if you stay 2-3 days, they give you FREE tickets for however many you have registered on your site for Lion Country. This special comes & goes regularly.

Darlin :cool:

Granny Ang

RE: Looking for a family friendly campground in Miami

We took our first RV trip to Miami Everglades Campground just North of Homestead and it was great. Can't wait to go back and an easy ride to the Keys. www.miamicamp.com Have fun!!!! :)

DL Rupper

Larry and Penny Thompson Campground is good choice and is reasonable. It is South of Miami and North of Homestead, FL. We stayed there last Dec for 4 days. In fact check out www.RVparkreviews.com. I reviewed the park favorably.
Check the 4th review. I gave it a 7 out of 10 in Dec 2007.