Looking for Private Rental for 4 or 6 berth

LJ75

I am looking for a private rental as I am bringing my family back to the US for a visit for 6 weeks, have been away about 8 years now. Want to show them the country what better way than a cross country trip in an RV. However do to my disappointment to rent an RV from a company is way out of our budget as we had quotes from $5000-$8000 and this is way out of our budget especially if you take into consideration fuel cost of about $3500 for the 9000 mile planned trip. So we are wondering if anyone out there knows of any site or maybe knows someone that privately rents out an RV. We are looking for a 4 or 6 berth for about 6 weeks 1 Sep 2010 - 6 Oct 2010. We are going to fly into LA on or about 28/29 Sep but send a few days in the area then pick up the RV on the 1st Sep then head out on our road trip. If anyone can please help us or guide us on where would be a good place to look it would be great. Thanks Wayne :)

G

RE: Looking for Private Rental for 4 or 6 berth

I really can't help u out ,, sorry ,, but have u also looked into the cost of camp ground fees ,, they add up and what if u have a breakdown ?? most labor rates on rvs are $150 per hr ,, one hr min ,, and then there is what if u blow a tire ,, or break down on the road ,, do u have insurance to cover that?? a tow bill on a MH will be more than 300 bucks ,, without tow insurance ,, tire repair or new tire will run anywhee from 100 to 500 bucks ,, i am not picking on u ,, but there is alot more to look at in the rving world then just going places and having fun ,, stuff wil happen

LEN

Re: Looking for Private Rental for 4 or 6 berth

I think we have to get real here. You want to put twice the yearly average wear and tear on an RV average is 4000 to 5000 miles and with 6 people. I would not rent mine for 6 weeks parked in one place for $1000 a week unless it was someone I REALLY knew well. Then there is like 730 said insurance and road coverage. Good luck but I think your bound for a rental company to take the risk.

LEN

Cruzincat

You might have better luck purchasing a used unit and selling it, if possible, at the other end.

whitey

IF you want to see the USA, Rent a suv and stop at Wal-Mart and buy you a tent and what ever Camping supplys you mite need then load up and hear out to were ever you mite want to go.

naturalmike

RE: Looking for Private Rental for 4 or 6 berth

LJ75 - 2/23/2010 11:18 PM

I am looking for a private rental as I am bringing my family back to the US for a visit for 6 weeks, have been away about 8 years now. Want to show them the country what better way than a cross country trip in an RV. However do to my disappointment to rent an RV from a company is way out of our budget as we had quotes from $5000-$8000 and this is way out of our budget especially if you take into consideration fuel cost of about $3500 for the 9000 mile planned trip. So we are wondering if anyone out there knows of any site or maybe knows someone that privately rv rentals arizona. We are looking for a 4 or 6 berth for about 6 weeks 1 Sep 2010 - 6 Oct 2010. We are going to fly into LA on or about 28/29 Sep but send a few days in the area then pick up the RV on the 1st Sep then head out on our road trip. If anyone can please help us or guide us on where would be a good place to look it would be great. Thanks Wayne :)

I was looking at owners rv they say they have some avaialble during that time in southern california