Looking for used class A

Rochelle

OK. So there are so many rv's out there. Which is the best brand? Is Winnabego better than Fleetwood? Just want to know the basics before I go into this. :)

G

RE: Looking for used class A

well first off ,, welcome to the forums ,, but what are looking for in a class A ,, diesel ,, gas ??? how big ?? that has alot to do with the type of rv u are looking for ,, and also alot of rv companies have gone out of business ,, so the coach part might be a prob ,, but the appliances are not ,, IMO i would look into the Tiffin line ,, if u are into the upper end type rv's ,, they have a GREAT rep ,, and do build a good product ,, even after the sale ,, i owned one ,, and even 3 yrs outta warranty ,, they wanted to fix what ever needed to be done ,, but i did it myself ,, and didn't file a claim ,, but winabego is also a good company ,, but i am just saying ,, once agian all depends on what u want out of a MH ,, many here own class a's ,, and they have not had many troubles out of what ever brand they have ,, but u will have probs ,, no doubt ,, all do ,, it's the nature of the rv :approve: :approve: :approve: :)

Kirk

Re: Looking for used class A

There is a lot more to this than just a few brand names, and which is the best just depends upon who you ask. The best way to know quality RVs is to join the RV Consumer group and take advantage of all of the educational materials that they supply to their members. They are the nearest thing that exists to an unbiased opinion. A membership will cost more than $100 but it may save you thousands. Check them out at www.rv.org

The next thing how much you know about determining the condition and care level of a used RV, if buying used. If new, you still need to know what you are looking at to be sure that you get what you pay for. There is no brand name which is so good that they have no unhappy customers and none is so bad that there are no happy customers. It takes a great deal of study to be an RV expert and few of us ever are.

There are a few brands that have consistently out performed most others, based upon their reputations and the length of those reputations. At the top would have to be Newmar and Tiffin (parent company of the Allegro line). Not far down most people's lists are names like Winnebago and Itasca(Itasca is a division of Winnebago), and perhaps a few others. Even with looking exclusively at these brands there is still no guarantee that you will see only quality products.

papatty

RE: Looking for used class A

We have a 2006 Astoria by Damon for sale with less than 10,000 miles. Price negotiable, but around $85-90K. Smells new. :)