LOOKING TO BUY A 5TH WHEEL FOR SESONAL CAMPER

Discussion in 'Beginning RVing' started by fishman, Apr 10, 2011.

1. fishman

fishman New Member

I am trying to find out the msrp on a new 2011 keystone avalanche 345TG. The dealer wants 55,000 and the nadaguide does not show it. Also I am torn between the heartland elkrige and this unit, which is better quality?
    My wife likes the keystone because of the outside kitchen. The avalanche is new to keystone so I cant find much info. the dealer wants to give me more for my trade and not move on his price does this sound right. I did not ask for a invoice yet is it to late please help. I live in maine, I went on line and I can get the same keyston for 38,000 I have know way of towing it from PA. fishman

2. H2H1

H2H1 Senior Member

Re: LOOKING TO BUY A 5TH WHEEL FOR SESONAL CAMPER

I would stay with the Heartland Elkridge It is a better unit in my opinion. Ken sell them at Grandview Trailer Sale and I know you will get a better deal from him. I have a friend in Dawson Ga that drove up to Bedford Va and bought a unit from him. So I would give Ken a call and see what he has to offer. he is on here just look at some site on here signed Grandview Trailer Sales.

3. Grandview Trailer Sa

Grandview Trailer Sa Senior Member

NADA shows used prices and the possible retail price. A lot of 2011's have not been reported, but they should have been, as we are selling 2012's now.

Personally, I would go with the Heartland ElkRidge, but I am prejudiced, as I sell them. I could deliver you ANY ElkRidge for less than 55K....contact me privately. Several ElkRidge floorplans have outside kichens.

4. rjf7g

rjf7g Senior Member

Why a fifth wheel when you can get a park trailer for much less? I ordered mine from Ken in 2007 and will order my next camper from him when the time comes! Heck, he has one in stock right now that's probably $20,000 less than what your dealer wants for the fifth wheel!

5. Grandview Trailer Sa

Grandview Trailer Sa Senior Member

Actually....$28,000...but who is counting??