Loose wall

A quarter-inch space developed between the bathroom sink and the wall of my RV. Someone said the screws/fasteners are loose. Is here any way to tighten them without having to pay a small fortune at an RV maintenance shop? Thanks.

gypsyoutdoors

Re: Loose wall

lol yep....open up the door for under the sink. Under the counter you'll find a frame that holds it all together....look for screws....tightin :eek:

akjimny

Thomas - is the sink on an inside wall (like mine, on the wall between the bathroom and the dinette) or is it on the outside wall? If the entire sink cabinet is pulling away from the wall, you could use some right-angle brackets and wood screws to pull it back to the wall. Or open up the wall from the other side and drive screws into the cabinet frame from that side.

The next question would be, "Why is it pulling away from the wall?"

Repair all depends on your skill level and confidence in your ability to do the repair. Let us know how it goes.

Kirk

Before I began attempting repairs, I would first determine what caused the problem. Very likely something is loose, but exactly what the problem is caused by is very important. Did the sink move, or was it the wall? Is this an inside wall or outside? How is the condition of the cabinet that supports the sink?

Very likely one of the suggestions above will work, but to know which one you need to first determine the cause of the problem.

Flynn

Great advice Kirk :)
If the inside wall is coming away how could you check this without doing huge damage?

Thank you again for your great comments. Turns out the loose wall was caused by whoever installed the original or a new bathroom unit. The sink top was cut too short and was repaired with putty that gave way and created the gaps. They simply installed new (plastic or wood) molding and it looks just like new. The XM radio that stopped playing ... that was caused by a loose antenna wired that was repaired free of charge.