LOUD horn

Discussion in 'RV Tips & Tricks' started by 4116sst, Jun 30, 2009.

1. 4116sst

4116sst New Member

Looking for an inexpensive LOUD horn for my rv, that doesn't have an onboard air compressor. Any suggestions?

2. TexasClodhopper

TexasClodhopper Senior Member

Re: LOUD horn

Gary, you might try looking for marine catalogs in your search. I've seen some pretty loud 12vdc horns on pleasure craft.

I'm also going to do the same addition on my MH. My Winnie's horn sounds wimpy. :( No one will blow my horn but me! :clown:

3. 4116sst

4116sst New Member

Thanks, I'll look them up tonight.

4. *scooter*

*scooter* Senior Member

I saw something like that at an auto parts chain store here. Kragen Auto Parts. It's a set of horns that have some sort of mini compressor included.

5. Kirk

Kirk Senior Member

Just about any auto supply store will have both electric and air horns that come with a small compressor. I added one to previous motorhome.

6. Shorty

Shorty Senior Member

got one of the cheep ones to put on mine...they sound like they're off a FIAT
    Air horns work great...but hit 'em with a little FIAT meep-meep and smiles come out
    Now I just need to figure out how to get my tricycle bell mounted up front too :clown:

7. brodavid

brodavid Senior Member

sounds like a good idea , I wonder if my 7 yr old will let me borrow her bell