Low DC power

Radman2776

I have a refridgerator that keeps showing LO DC. It is working properly, I think that something is going on with the inverter or something. The motorhome is plugged up to A/C and everything works. The Batteries have been repalced a couple of months ago. I am new ro RVing and this kind of has me puzzled. The RV has 2 buttons that has like on and store. One for the RV and the other for the chasis. So I am assuming when I plu it to A/C and will not be using it, I need to flip it to store? I am going camping the 27th, and I don't want to get stranded. I did have to replace the chasis battery after it turned cold a few weeks ago. I tried to hit the boost switch and start the motorhome and it did not work. It could all be the same issue?? I must have a charging problem to those batteries? I believe that it should charge thos batteries when it is plugged to the A/C and running down the road.
If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.
thanks,
Phillip :question: :)

C Nash

Re: Low DC power

Do you have a meter that shows voltage for the batteries? Sounds like you may have a converter that is not working. Not familiar with the store and on feature. Probably disconnects either the chassis or house batteries or both.

Radman2776

No, It does not have a meter. It only shows up on the refridgerator. Somehow I think the batteries are not getting charged??? I am not sure, but after I went on a short trip it did fine. It seems that after I have stored it for a few weeks no it is showing up the last few days. I don't know if I have something switched off, like one of those swithes or should I switch them off and I did not??? The manual is awful on a lot of things I have found and this is an area where it is not very much help.
Thanks,
Phillip

C Nash

You need to get a vom and check to see if the batteries are being charged while hooked to shore power. Check with the store and on switch in both positions. Sure sounds as though the converter is not charging the batteries while on shore hook up

G

If u have the the switch that says "store" that means "off" if u are in the rv ,, and plugged in or running down the road both should be on ,, not store ,, if on store u dissconnect the batts ,, but the shore power will still work ,,but not charge the house batts ,, IMO ,, put both switches on "on " or whatever ,, other then "store" and see what happens :approve: :approve: ;)

Radman2776

Will do. I can't remember which position they were in? So the way I understand, is you keep the shore cord plugged in when not in use? This will keep refridgerator running and keep charging the batteries. And if I flip the switches to store, I am disconnecting the batteries? I know that the chsis battery is disonnecting when in store position, because it won't turn over and crank. Maybe that is it?
Thanks,
Phillip :)