Low Noise Generator

kratley

I will taking an RV to a location where there will be no electricity so we will have to rent or buy a generator. I could use some advice on a low noise one as we will be in a compact area with lots of other campers, I need one that won't get me run out of the camp. I can buy a Generac from my company at cost. I called Generac and asked about the decible level and they said they do not rate decibles on their products.

I need something that won't break the bank. I know Honda and Yamaha have super quiete ones, but those are $$$ and way out of my budget.

Any advice would be helpful.

LEN

Re: Low Noise Generator

Generac will get you tossed out of the campground or the campers will put you on the chit list. There are a couple of Chinese gens that are quiet and have mixed reviews, mostly OK about 1/2 price of the Hondas and yammies. Ken on here carries one brand.

LEN

kratley

Re: Low Noise Generator

The location is a motorycle rally so there will be a lot of noise from many sources, it is not a camping ground like in a state park, so some noise is acceptable. A lot of people have generators and I never really noticed them last time. Someone in my group borrowed a used Gen and it sounded like a 747.