LP gas leak detector alarm

mistabonze

I have a 2003 Pace Arrow that I have owned for a couple of months. I store it plugged in to 30 amp at my house. The fridge is off with doors opened. Everything else off. Two days in a row I heard a beeping noise with is the LP gas detector. The first day I hit the mute button on the LP leak detector console and the following day (tonight) it was back on. I hit mute again and within an hour it was back on. I don't smell any gas. The stove and fridge are off. No oven. Any suggestions to determine if it is in fact a leak or can it be something else...drop in voltage or something. For now I turned the gas off at the tank. Opened a window about an inch and cracked the vent with the fan on just in case. Thanks for any help.

C Nash

Re: LP gas leak detector alarm

Steve if my memory serves me (which is dangerous) didn't you have low battery problem? This will cause them to beep.

H2H1

HEY STEVE Nash memory is right (dang hated to say that) but on my Fleetwood SouthWood my detector would go of if the battery was low or dead. So as Nash stated get it out.

mistabonze

Your memory serves you well. It's not quite that the batteries were low but I have no way of shutting them off (pluged in or not they just dont shut off when I press the shut of battery buttons). I keep the unit plugged in so I was hoping the batteries would be charging. What do you guys mean by get it out? Take them out and charge them? I'll have to check the voltage on them. I was thinking this may be the issue but with the unit plugged in shouldnt it have enough power to keep thye LP gas detector working? I'm still new to RV's so I'm sorry if I'm asking stupid questions.

C Nash

If the converter is not working it will be on battery and if they have low voltage the detector will start beeping.

DL Rupper

I have to disconnect the fuses to get my detectors to turn off. For safety it seems they like the manufactures like to keep them connected directly to the battery. It only took me about 8 years wondering why my batteries kept slowly discharging when the battery disconnect was in the off position. I was luckly to notice that the fuses were wired in right next to the battery connectors and I didn't have to look all over for them.

ErnieEkberg

Your detector may be dirty. See if you can take it apart and blow some air in there. Ernie

H2H1

Hey Spike glad to hear you got it fixed. Now share with us what you did to correct this problem, so if anyone of us experience that problem we will have an idea what to look for

C Nash

Did Spike fix something or just have one and thinks it's great which they are. Guess I missed something :laugh:

H2H1

Well Nash since he was having problems with it beeping and came back saying the detector was great, I assumed he has it fixed or better replaced it. I would think we know that the detector(s) are great for safety reasons that why they are in the all RV's anyway JMHO. p.s. thanks for you comments on the new GB.

C Nash

I didn't know Spike was having beeping problems :blackeye: I knew Steve was beeping. Yes I think it is a great safety feature and no rv should be w/o.

H2H1

Well as usually you are right Nash it was Steve not Spike, my mistake I guess I was to tired and couldn't read it correctly, sorry

ARCHER

Dag gone it guys, you really got me confused now, Steve?Spike?Grandkid?Chelse? Hollis? Who is on Second?

C Nash

Hey Archer, between Hollis and I we can really confuse ourself :laugh: Think Rod is on second :eek:

H2H1

Rod not playing he is counting his wife bonus money :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

Naw, he spend a lot of time in the tanning salon to keep his winter tan up as to not look like a tourist when he get to MB. Plus a lot of time on skype chat line. The bonus was a plus for him.