LPG Tanks

Aceventura

Still a rookie so hear goes,The two LPG vessels on the underside have damaged pipework and valves missing, now then filling with gas on the Island is a non starter so im thinking of removing them.Again all advice is appreciated good or bad but if they are redundant then why carry the extra weight,bearing in mind its a 1979 Tioga so shes quite old.

Where can i find the pipework diagram if removal is the sollution.?

Go for it!

elkhartjim

Re: LPG Tanks

Just curious....why do you want to remove the pipe? Maybe remove what you can see and easily get too and leave the rest. Maybe 5 pounds??

I would think trying to find pipe schematics for a 30 year old rig would be near impossible.

Aceventura

RE: LPG Tanks

Its the two tanks i was refering to,both have been bypassed with piping supplied by the bottles,so now are redundant and idle.

C Nash

Don't think you will find any information on pipe routing. If they have been bypassed just remove the tanks but might be a job to let the expert on gas do the job.

Kirk

Since the Tioga is a motorized RV the original propane tank would have been a permanently installed, horizontal tank that is DOT approved. If there are removable bottles installed, they were put there by a previous owner and are not acceptable under highway standards. Removing them would probably be a good idea, but since they were not original, any drawing that you may locate is not going to show what you want anyway. It should not be difficult to trace the piping that was added into the RV.

Do use great care in this project as lines left open is the most coommon type of propane accident.

As you do this, keep in mind that propane is the source of fuel for the furnace, the water heater and alternate for the refrigerator.