MACERATOR?

DARLING

I read somewhere on here that some one has a macerator?

I heard about them on boats but RV's?

Are they practical? Expensive to install?? Expensive to maintain??

Thanks in advance for any Help

Darlin :cool:

SnowbirdInFlight

RE: MACERATOR?

DARLING - 4/2/2008 2:00 PM I read somewhere on here that some one has a macerator? I heard about them on boats but RV's? Are they practical? Expensive to install?? Expensive to maintain?? Thanks in advance for any Help Darlin :cool:

We have one and it works great. It's been awhile since we had to use it but the last time we did we went almost 100 foot with it and it worked great. I forgot the brand but we got it at Camping World.

hertig

Re: MACERATOR?

Yes, they are practical. There are built in ones, which might be expensive to install and may require maintenance. The one I have just turns onto the dump valve, around $200 on sale at Camping World, and no maintenance at all.

Down side is that it take a while longer to set it up (particularly if you dont have 20A of 12v handy to your sewer bay), and a bit longer to dump. But the advantages are a much better hose than the 3" normal hose, and the ability to pump longer distances or even uphill.

SnowbirdInFlight

hertig - 4/2/2008 9:53 PM Yes, they are practical. There are built in ones, which might be expensive to install and may require maintenance. The one I have just turns onto the dump valve, around $200 on sale at Camping World, and no maintenance at all. Down side is that it take a while longer to set it up (particularly if you dont have 20A of 12v handy to your sewer bay), and a bit longer to dump. But the advantages are a much better hose than the 3" normal hose, and the ability to pump longer distances or even uphill.

My husband just ran wires down under the trailer to hook it up and run it. It works fine that way.

DARLING

Thanks for all the info.

Honey is on the internet & finds all these things we need(HE WANTS). Some are good things but some is just snake oil.

Ya know what I mean :question:

Darlin :cool: