Discussion in 'Full Timing' started by jlhallgren, Aug 24, 2009.

  1. jlhallgren

    jlhallgren New Member

    Since we are new @ this full-timing we have so many questions but right now I will join in on this mail subject. Can we form an LLC in Montana to plate our MH but use our sons texas address for our mail, social security etc ? We really do want to do what is legal as much as possible.
    Thanks for your help
  2. TexasClodhopper

    TexasClodhopper Senior Member

    Re: mailing

    We just had this LLC and Montana discussion, but I can't find it right now.

    Perhaps if you searched for it you will find it. It was in August or July.
  3. Shadow

    Shadow Senior Member

    Re: mailing

    It's in the class A / Diesel Pusher section.
  4. elkhartjim

    elkhartjim Senior Member

    RE: mailing

    If you really want to do "as much as possible" to not break the law, pay the tax you legally owe in the state you live in.

    Or look over your shoulder till they catch up with you and hit you with the original tax plus the penalty, plus the interest, plus the fine. Remember, pay me now or pay me a whole lot more later.
  5. Kirk

    Kirk Senior Member

    Re: mailing

    A Montana LLC for registration is legal for Texas residents as long as the RV never spends as much as six months in the state in any one year. The law about where a vehicle is to be registered and insured is based upon where that vehicle is garaged, and not where the owner resides. For example, I retired from 3M company after having driven company owned vehicles for many years and in three different states. In each case, the titel of the vehicle showed the owner to be 3M Company, St. Paul, MN. Since the vehicle was garaged at my home it was titled and licensed in the state where I was residing, with a mailing address of my home, but showing the owner as 3M company. It is no different for a private owner. Of the subject vehicle is kept in your state of residence, it must be registered there, but if not, it is legal to do so where it is officially "garaged."


    For good information on this subject, I suggest that you contact the Bennett Law Firm:
  6. elkhartjim

    elkhartjim Senior Member

    Re: mailing

    All I know Kirk is my friend in Lubbock, TX cannot get a Class B drivers license in the state of TX because his mh is registered and insured in Montana. He was able to take the written teat but when he showed up in his mh for the driving test with Montana plates and Montana insurance...they said no. He went and borrowed a friends mh to take the test and then had aproblem because the insurance was not in his name. Bottom line, pay the tax your legally required to pay and move on. Just becuase the head of the IRS is a crook doesen't mean all of us should be. Just my two cents. And I'm tiried of paying my fair share while others are breaking the law and getting away with it.

Share This Page