Max Weight

Speed2

Hi
I have a 2004 Terry 190CK Travel trailer. Maximum carrying capacity is 1849Lbs. What it does not tell me is how much can i put safely into the side garage storage. I'm thinking about putting adding another 130 Lbs which would bring it up to 220 or so.

Thanks for the help

Pancanbob

Re: Max Weight

Hi, Speed2
Welcome to the forum
If you’re Maximum carrying capacity is 1849Lbs, that is your MAX LOAD!
What you need to do is find out how much your TT weights, take it to a Truck scales, then you will know how much more weight you can add or remove.
You should not exceed your "Maximum carrying capacity"

Michelin Tire Company has a very good video on how to weigh your RV, and about “Tire Load” but it would also work for a TT
Very good information

http://www.michelinrvtires.com/michelinrv/toolbox/videos-demos.jsp#...

Good luck
Pancanbob

Grandview Trailer Sa

In a 2004 there should be a sticker in the kitchen cabinet area. On that sticker you can find the GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) which is the maximum weight the trailer is designed to weigh. You will also find the UVW (Unit Vehicle Weight), that is the empty weight of your trailer. Then you will find the CCC (Cargo Carrying Capacity), that is what you can carry as 'extra stuff'.

Speed2

Thanks for that info. I'm thinking I wasn't quite clear on what i was asking, or i'm not understanding the answers. The rear side storage area as you well know, was designed for bicycles and other stuff i guess. But since it is pretty hard to counter balance any thing i put in there, as in putting something on the other side. I am concerned about weight, and also twisting. I have about 120lbs in there now, which i am ok with, adding another 130lbs on top of that might not be a good idea.

Thanks