Meet & Greet a HUGE success!

try2findus

Our 1st Annual RVUSA Meet & Greet was a huge success IMHO. We thorougly enjoyed ourselves despite the cloudy and cold weather and we enjoyed meeting so many of you even more!

Ken and Linda have a beautiful place and you are both gracious hosts. The food was wonderful, Tex's chilli, Hollis' chicken, Linda's ribs and loads of salads, veggies and delicious desserts, just to name a few. We had so much food it was hard to keep up!
Randy and I have made it to the KOA in Stauton after an amazing ride up the rest of the BRP. We will make our way south starting tomorrow and continue our ride back down the BRP.

Safe travels to all and if I can figure out how to do it, I will post a couple of photos to an album. We are anxiously awaiting Tex and Jenny's photo they took for all of us.
Tex, I have internet! :laugh:

G

RE: Meet & Greet a HUGE success!

Well i too must comment ,, this is one to remember ,, we had a great time ,, even as was said before ,, alot of nice people that i have not met ,, wonderfull food ,, and great fire ,, but to GTS ,, i know u hoped for a perfect setup ,,, well u can't comtrol the weather ,, and besides ,, it was great anyway ,, wish i hadn't left ,, it is colder here than it was in Bedford :eek: :( :angry:

H2H1

Re: Meet & Greet a HUGE success!

There isn't I can say that hasn't been said. Rod you are so right the weather we can't control sio we have to adapt and that is what we did. S

Grandview Trailer Sa

Just posted 29 pictues in the Album section. Yea, the weather could have been better, but we can't control that. The meeting of all you great floks was great and everyone had a great time.

C Nash

Sure wish we could have made it. Pictures are great. Hope all have a safe trip back.

elkhartjim

Thanks for the great pictures. And for Tex...Texans don't wear straw after labor day! I pray for all to have a safe trip home or wherever your travels take you.

Shadow

Lot's of smiles. Looks like a good time by all. Tex, who ever bet you it wouldn't snow almost lost. :laugh: :cool: Wish we could have sat next to that fire to hear some of those tall tales. Y'all be safe on the next leg of the journey.

LEN

OK OK ya had fun!! Glad you all did. And the Pics confirmed what I had suspected"Ah lot a good lookin older folks(LOL). Funny how many looked like the minds eye view I had of you. Now lets get one going for like Jan/Feb in maybe Quartzsite area Or ????

OH put names on more of the attendie's, that is is sooooooo cool seeing what everyone looks like.

LEN

TexasClodhopper

Ditto on all the comments here about the fine folks that we met this weekend. We couldn't have the knobby knee contest, because it was too cold to roll up our pants!

We didn't want to leave Bedford VA today! I want to go back! There are so many sweepingly beautiful views of the mountains around Bedford.

If anyone gets anywhere near there, you should make it by Ken and Linda's Grandview Trailer Sales and see all of the sites around in that area. Save up your purchases of RV products (and RVs) and get them from GTS, too.

Sitting here near Bristol TN in shorts and sleeveless shirt and on our way back home. :(

I've run 2 laps around this park just to work off all that good food from the weekend. :clown:

Well, I'm sitting here sipping on the last can of that Foster's Premium Ale provided by Big Bilko, so how much weight am I going to lose? :clown:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Yea, cool weather all weekend and that was after the rain Thurs. and Fri. TODAY, not a cloud in the sky and reached 64. Will be 70 by Wed. Go figure. OH well, we made it just fine.

For those who noticed, the pictures of us under umbrella's was Fri. night. We did not want to leave the fire when it started drizzling so we just got our umbrella's out. Now that is camping!!!

G

sorry posted in the wrong area ,, see the thanks big bilko and cindy for the reply to this post ,, sorry agian

try2findus

Ken, your pictures are great! Thanks again for the wonderful hospitality.

Randy and I went to Hiddenite Gem Mine today here in North Carolina. Randy actually found an awesome Sapphire and I found a really nice amethyst. Lots of other pretty stones which made for an interesting day. We highly recommend this place and would go back in a heartbeat. They practically had to close down around us at 6 because I didn't want to leave. The sluicing was much easier for me than digging through the mountain and I can tell you that we are really feeling the sore muscles tonight.

Tex and Sallyberetta, have you made it home yet? I see where you've started an album too. I tried to do the same but my pictures are too large...Ken had said that might happen. I'll figure out how to shrink them when we get home.

Good night everyone. :)

Triple E

Tex. Those are great pictures. I am always crossing that country but I am always 35,000 feet in the air. I had no idea what I was missing. Ken, what an outstanding place to live. I always thought that the Pacific Northwest was the only place to be, man am I wrong. The way people talk around here is that there is nothing but wall to wall people in the East. Doesn't look to crowded to me. I will have to saddle up the old 97 and take a trip to VA. Is the spring time as pretty as the Fall?

:)

TexasClodhopper

Steve, there are a lot of people there, but they're all really nice!

Plan on being a Kenneth's Open House next April. You won't be disappointed!

big bilko

Saw the photo of tex's grandson drinking a fosters.Could have been looking at a stockman in outback Australia. It is amazing how a camera can add or subtract years off. :) :) :) :) Regards Big Bilko. :evil: