MH Skirting?

onthecoach

Hello All!

I am looking for thoughts, ideas, opinions and suggestions regarding winter skirting for our motorhome.

Is it really worth the money?

Does it really help keep the coach warmer?

I will be using electric heat as my site rent INCLUDES electric! I am thinking that the skirting will serve well in this situation.

Any suggestions on where to get estimates?? I am living in Frederick, MD for the next 15 - 24 months.

As always, you are ALL my greatest resource!!! ;)

Thanks!!

C Nash

Re: MH Skirting?

Lynn, it probably would help to keep the rv warmer IMO even though the MHs are insulated underneath good anyway. You might visit some local mobile home suppliers to find different skirting to use and most would have instalers they could recomend if you can't do it yourself. Expense might out weight the savings.

utmtman

I was thinking of having a tarp shop make me one that I can roll up and stow away while traveling in the summer months. I would have it so it would fit in the doors to storage to help hold it in place and see what they suggest as a way to hook up over the front and back of the rv.

Kirk

Skirting will help to keep the motorhome ware, but it isn't as vital as with a trailer because of your closed up storage bays that are between your floor and the outside wind. I would use some type of foam board if it were me. A lot depends upon where you will be and how much wind is there?