Mice in the trailer AFTER opening for the Season

gjwhf0630

Has anyone got mice in their trailer after already opening for the season? I have a jayco park model and had mice after opening in April. Is this normal?

FXI

Never had that but we keep fabric softener sheets hidden here and there throughout the trailer. We've never had a mouse problem. Good luck!

Wolfpack Fan

Never had that happen but I can offer a little advice gotten from a pest guy. Don't set out poison for the mice. They'll eat it and go somewhere in the trailer and die. Possibly in a place you can't get to to remove them. When their little bodies start decaying you'll get unpleasant odors. Get some traps from a home center or pest control company. Then they'll be gone. They're always looking for food, which they'll find in the traps. Remove the traps and the mice are gone with no fowl odors to follow.

C Nash

I have found that leaving a light on inside and the radio on seems to help but ours is not parked left alone often. Also some say the roap lights laid around the rv outside helps

H2H1

knock on wood, I have never had mice problem, but around here we had a cat that ran the yard. But now that the cat is in cat haven I have the fabic softner sheets in hole where they could get in, also steelwool works great also.

JamesTheMan

gjwhf0630;78428 said:
Has anyone got mice in their trailer best buy gift card glitch after already opening for the season? I have a jayco park model and had mice after opening in April. Is this normal?

Where exactly did you find the mice?! I have NEVER experienced anything like this my wife would probably have a heart attack if she ever saw this.

C Nash

If there are mice in the area that you park they will find a way into the rv. Problem I have with this is if the mice can get in so can a Rat SNAKE!!!!

akjimny

Thank goodness - no snakes in Alaska. But I did bring a load of sugar ants up with me from Florida. Put out some ant baits and took all the food out of the motorhome and haven't seen any for a couple of weeks now. Hopefully they all got poisoned or died of starvation. If not, they WILL freeze to death this winter.:):)